Pics of Zhoods opened please...

MrRobatoGato

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm S30 hinge design is pretty retarded for this app. IMO, because of the spring bars linking the two hinges. Chevy LUV's open the opposite way and have a very compact design that would work better for your 521. Theres one right now at 5 corners auto wrecking with an l18 in it and custom angle iron engine mounts. peace.

Yeah....Z hinge would NOT be the way to go.

I wasn't saying that the hood will keep the truck off the road, I said this type of thinking will keep it from driving. Get it driving well BEFORE tackling additional shit, especially cosmetic

Yeah....Z hinge would NOT be the way to go.

I wasn't saying that the hood will keep the truck off the road, I said this type of thinking will keep it from driving. Get it driving well BEFORE tackling additional shit, especially cosmetic

I'm thinking from the other direction (mostly because of the extent of his build). Do it the way you want it before you start driving it. That way you can just enjoy the fruits of your labor. Not continue the labor after paint and body work are finished.

Of course even after your finished and driving it around, I'm sure things will pop up that you'll want to do.

ck out the hinges on a mid to late 70'S toyota celica, they have no cross bars and are compact enough to work, i did some measurements on my 620 and i may try them..the celica i'm talking about is the fast back that kinda resembles the older mustangs..another good source as stated here is a luv truck from the 70's since your front end is fairly flat, the buick hinge has a large diameter cross bar, no room for a cross bar, i think..:cool: