Trade my Suzuki micro army truck for a DATSUN?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can it be registered in CA?

Im not 100% sure since I don't have the WA title. I only called the DMV to check how much back fees were and they said it wasn't in the system. I tried getting the title from Washington State Licensing office(DMV) but can't since i'm not a WA resident.

That is cool, and so is the 5 series in the background. Is that yours too?

Yea the E34 is my daily. I've had 4 different E34's, love those cars.

Im not 100% sure since I don't have the WA title. I only called the DMV to check how much back fees were and they said it wasn't in the system. I tried getting the title from Washington State Licensing office(DMV) but can't since i'm not a WA resident.

Yea the E34 is my daily. I've had 4 different E34's, love those cars.

too bad you couldn't get up to Washington and go into Washington State Licensing office(DMV) to see about getting the title. I am guessing you had it registered in your name in Washington

too bad you couldn't get up to Washington and go into Washington State Licensing office(DMV) to see about getting the title. I am guessing you had it registered in your name in Washington

2 owners previous to me had it registered in Washington. Back in 2007.

I would Rock that thing--saw a bunch in Japan when I was over there. I'd trade ya a 1971 1200 sedan, but I live in Portland---too far away. Put it on eBay---I bet it would sell right away.

Have any pics?

If you don't have a title, you cannot legally sell it.

They won't give you a title because it is already title to someone else! There is a process so you can get a title, even if you are not a Washington resident. You have to send a registered letter to the owner of record. The Dept. of Licensing will help you.

If you don't have a title, you cannot legally sell it.

They won't give you a title because it is already title to someone else! There is a process so you can get a title, even if you are not a Washington resident. You have to send a registered letter to the owner of record. The Dept. of Licensing will help you.

YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN....YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THIS TRUCK IS TO BE GOING AROUND SAYING THAT IT'S A STOLEN PROPERTY.

I know about the process as I have been in contact with the WA offices back and forth. WA records show the car was reportedly sold back in September 2007 but never registered again after that(BECAUSE IT CAME TO CALIFORNIA!). When it came to CA it was used at a farm and was never registered that's why DMV showed nothing. The people over at the WA offices even told me if I was a WA resident that I could get the title no problem if I just had a bill of sale of some kind. This can be registered in WA no problem since they have records for it already.

I can get it registered here in CA, it would just cost me like half a grand and time. Im only selling it because I want to get back into a datsun. This truck is worth $8-9K easily on the mini truck forums if it was titled. I have no problem if I don't get any trades for this since the truck is a lot more valuable BUT PLEASE DO NOT SAY IT IS STOLEN AND "YOU CANNOT LEGALLY SELL IT" SINCE YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERY SINGLE LAW IN THE 50 STATES. Its legal here since I do it all the time. Around 40% of all the cars I have restored I sold with a simple Bill Of Sale with not a single problem. I've sold, bought, and registered A LOT of cars without proper titles. A simple call to the DMV clarifies that there isnt anything sketchy.

Don't let a title-less car get your panties in a knot. Educate yourself and research your local resources next time.

• Like 1
...Don't let a title-less car get your panties in a knot. Educate yourself and research your local resources next time.
Dang....the knot shows? I got to learn to tie a better knot. <BR><BR><BR>....by the way, I am a WA resident and I bought two Datsuns here in CA, both listed as non-op.  I have the forms and process to plate them both in WA as operational vehicles for something like $78 each.  It's a bit of paperwork but WA DMV strikes me as a pretty reasonable organization.

Coolerow, I read your CL ad. Did you have that canvas cover made? Can you pass along the company who did it?

I didn't make it, one of the previous owners did. It was done VERY well though and the canvas that was used is very thick. Metal framing underneath. Looks legit military grade. Well actually it would be military grade since they used surplus canvas. Everything can be unbolted off to leave the truck bed exposed.

Heres some pics of when I first got it. I removed the canvas top to pressure wash everything before I started the resto.

imag0721b.jpg

imag0761b.jpg

Dang....the knot shows? I got to learn to tie a better knot. <BR><BR><BR>....by the way, I am a WA resident and I bought two Datsuns here in CA, both listed as non-op.  I have the forms and process to plate them both in WA as operational vehicles for something like $78 each.  It's a bit of paperwork but WA DMV strikes me as a pretty reasonable organization.

the panty joke wasnt directed to you :)

There you go, yea WA State Licensing offices are wayyy more relax than CA DMV offices.

I'm a WA res, you mind giving me the bond release VIN, I'll run it by the DMV up here for you.

If it checks out I'll just buy it flat out.I'll be in SF here pretty soon for work, I'll just drive it home.

Dunno what a bond release is but here's the VIN on the car. WA State Licensing offices have the same VIN in their system.

vin# DA71T157029

lic# 329-RYI

They have it as a 1985 Suzuki Pickup.

wadmvinfo.jpg

here's pics of the VIN stamped on the body

imag0730.jpg

..and here's the VIN plate under the dash.

imag0990q.jpg

You done dear? run along now

Wow, no need to be rude. ggzilla is one of the most respected contributors here. If you take the time to untie ur panties and read his response, you will find that you responded inappropriately.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.