If anyone has some extra positive Karma, I'd like to borrow it.

After a year of working on call, with no hours at all in the past four months, I am the closest I've been to landing a solid, full-time RN job in the specialty I am most skilled in at the hospital I've been wanting to work at forever, Legacy (okay, not the Salmon Creek location in Vancouver, but its a foot in the door!)

:hyper:

So, if anyone has some extra positive karma, prayers, or well wishing that I can borrow, I'd really appreciate it!

If that doesn't work out, I have a manager at the VA who might want me part or full time.

And I also have a travel nursing agency that wants me to do some employment assessment testing.

So much win in my in-box this morning!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As dissapointed as I am that some robo hot girls nurse job will be taken by a man, and that oneday the only thing that wouuld make my stay in a hospital better would be a nice set of tits in some scrubs, and having that dream dashed by having you there, I will send all positive thoughts your way, as I have plenty of good happening today after a wonderful night out with a very spicy redhead I met last week!

Here's to you!

Jason, everytime I remember you are a nurse I am reminded of that scene for the movie rushmore, luke wilson as a male nurse, comes to dinner with the girl that school kid loves...

Hey, that's a pretty neat outfit you got on there guy

Yea, these are o.r. scrubs.....

Oh, are they?

Bwahhahhahahahaaahaaha

Good luck!

murse.jpg

The VA has this banner.. about 18 inches tall by three feet wide. They'd taken all the male nurses from the hospital and used them in this photo shoot for the banner.

They had all the guys stand in a long line, tallest in the middle, shortest on the ends. sort of like a chevron.

RIGHT SMACK IN THE MIDDLE was Gary "Brix" Melori.

6'7", 340 pounds of African granite.

Tree-trunk like arms folded over his chest with a huge santa clause smile on his face. The dudes on either side of him were 6'3" at the tallest.

In big bold letters it read. "Are you man enough to be a nurse?" along the bottom.

It was an awesome poster.

The VA has this banner.. about 18 inches tall by three feet wide. They'd taken all the male nurses from the hospital and used them in this photo shoot for the banner.

They had all the guys stand in a long line, tallest in the middle, shortest on the ends. sort of like a chevron.

RIGHT SMACK IN THE MIDDLE was Gary "Brix" Melori.

6'7", 340 pounds of African granite.

Tree-trunk like arms folded over his chest with a huge santa clause smile on his face. The dudes on either side of him were 6'3" at the tallest.

In big bold letters it read. "Are you man enough to be a nurse?" along the bottom.

It was an awesome poster.

I have nipples, can you milk me?

• Like 1

There are lots of professions that I feel that I wouldn't be able to handle doing. Being a nurse takes a special kind of human being and I'm just not that special or gifted, if you know what I mean. A doctor might do it for loftier reasons like healing people, but a nurse provides comfort, assurance and care to the hurt, sick or frightened all day, every day. Here's to you man, I'm glad some people are willing to do what you do. Take 10 extra Karma points, I can spare them.

So I got a call today (one day after my applications were sent to the managers) asking for an interview this Monday for a full time, long term job making a benefitted $32 an hour that is 11 miles from my house.

Thank you everyone. I'm going to boss-walk into that interview knowing I have the Ratsun Nation backing me up. cool.gif