I'm sure a few of you remember my thread about me adopting a dog..

Well as of this morning she is missing, my ex who lives with me had her brother visiting her and he managed to let her out of the house at some point and claims he knows nothing.. I'm lividly pissed.. I spent two hours combing the streets for her, and called all the local shelters and animal control.. I'm posting flyers tonight but I kinda miss her, she was my little cruse buddy as she'd ride shotgun with me.

To top it off I might have to have my knee scoped again due to past injuries happening again, so I'm limping around trying to find her as shes not meant for this kinda heat and it can be brutal on heavily furred animals.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our German shepherd went missing a few years ago on the 4th. She is deathly afraid of gunshots and we weren't home while the neighbors shot off fireworks. Dog ran to get away from scary booming noises.

We contacted everyone we could to keep an eye out for her. 2 weeks later, the vet's assistant saw her walking down the side of the road a few miles from our house. She had lost some weight (which she probably needed), but she was okay.

Big fluffly, overweight dog in 100+ weather. She came out fine, so don't lose hope if you don't find her right away.

Good luck, hope you find her soon.

The fact that your ex lives with you is kinda interesting/weird... :unsure:

Hope you thumped dumba$$ ex-brother-in-law severely 'bout the head 'n' shoulders. Letting a dog outside on the 4th of July. Friggin' moron. :angry:

Oh, yeah, hope you find your puppy.

Edited by ppeters914

The fact that your ex lives with you is kinda interesting/weird... :unsure:

Hope you thumped dumba$$ ex-brother-in-law severely 'bout the head 'n' shoulders. Letting a dog outside on the 4th of July. Friggin' moron. :angry:

Oh, yeah, hope you find your puppy.

Its a long story filled with details I'd rather not get out as I'm weird :P

But thanks everyone, I'm trying to hold together as she became my best car pal in those months I had her by my side.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone, all the mojo paid off.

Just as the ex and I was going to start our search again I get a call from the animal shelter saying they found her and that she was safe.

I now have her back in the house and am glad nothing bad happened as she was found a couple of blocks away (I limped down that very road a few times looking for her) so I think she was ducked out from the heat.

Though not only I but she is quite upset with her brother as we warned him not to leave the door wide open.

Nice! Same thing happened to a friends dog on new years. They showed up to the house in a party bus and we were lighting off fireworks, the dog was in the party bus and the door was open so it took off. We were way out in the country and searched for a few hours that night and the next morning but didn't find the dog. I ended up seeing a cl ad a few weeks later that someone found the dog so the owner got it back. Glad you got your dog