How screwed am I.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you are not all that far away from me, I have one of those transmissions in my front yard. Used it for many years, been hanging onto it for a backup. It came out of a 73 620.

Yeah you look about four hours away from me. If it's still good. How much would you want for it?

I know the trans is good, drove it last year, just pulled it a couple months ago. I do know it has a ton of miles on it, well over 200k. The shifter is real sloppy but I loved it. It shifted extremely smooth. I know it isn't worth a whole lot but out here its hard to find. Its kinda sentimental to me but I'd let it go. I think I have a couple more 4 speeds. I'll look around some and get back to you.

Did I ever tell you the story about Hainz throwing a couple of four speeds out on his front lawn with a FREE sign?

you forgot the rest of the story, when Hainz woke up the next morning, there was 3 ~ 4 speeds. thats funny :rofl:

you forgot the rest of the story, when Hainz woke up the next morning, there was 3 ~ 4 speeds. thats funny :rofl:

What I would have given to be there when he came outside and seen that there was another one there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :unsure: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the trans is good, drove it last year, just pulled it a couple months ago. I do know it has a ton of miles on it, well over 200k. The shifter is real sloppy but I loved it. It shifted extremely smooth. I know it isn't worth a whole lot but out here its hard to find. Its kinda sentimental to me but I'd let it go. I think I have a couple more 4 speeds. I'll look around some and get back to you.

Cool just let me know if I can't get mine going.

Pretty damn close. What's different???

Looks like there is only one spot on the right side for a switch, while the one that came out has two switches.

What I would have given to be there when he came outside and seen that there was another one there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :unsure: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's freakin awesome.

Very good point, and as long as it is in the same general location it should still be triggered when put into reverse. I'll have to check my output shaft to make sure it is nice and straight. Have to find a way with out having a gauge of some sort. If it is good, I can just swap housings and get her back on the road.

I almost forgot to look for that trans, but I remembered last minute. I have two 4 speeds that I'd give you if they would help. They both came from a L16, one was in a 70 521 and the other was in a 75 620 but it wasn't original for the truck.

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

tranny2a.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg