1980 bluebird 910 VG30det

Here is some specs and pics of my 910

Its a 80 model KP910 , originaly they were fitted with a Z18et engine , got tired of that and fitted the VG30det from a Y31 cima

ENGINE ... VG30DET

MODS .... garrett GT3540 turbo ... 1.06 r / 0.70 f ,48mm wastegate, bosch 403 600cc injectors , Autronic ecu , MSD dis4 CDI , PWR water to air intercooler

DRIVELINE .... FS5R30A 5 speed ... R200 3.9 lsd

BRAKES..... F 324mm Z32tt calipers R 290mm DR30 calipers

WHEELS ... ROH modena 18x7.5 ... 18x8

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a stock Cima intake manifold?

The intake manifold is stock factory twin throttle , The plenum chamber has 2 main sections seperated by a butterfly operated by vacuum

Here is a stock engine showing the manifold

scan0003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

:blink:

How do you like the water to air cooler? How is it pumped, electric?

And the intake opens to short runners at low rpm, correct?

Also, welcome to the boards, sick ass car mang!

t

The water to air works great in the car , it is pumped around via an electric water pump , has its own radiator, large water reservoir and fan that is operated

manually via a toggle switch

previously i used and air to air cooler , it was at its limit and i needed to go bigger , this was not an option as i need to cut the front end up to make it fit . so the smaller water to air was fitted

bonus was the throttle response was improved by using shorter piping

The intake runners have had the butterfly removed so they are at the long open setting , low down torque is sacraficed for better top end

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Been a while so an update with pics is in order :angel:

Got some new wheels , ive gone back to a 17" wheel combo as the 18" were eating the guards away ... Found some old simmons wheels in the style i liked OM17 they were silver and 7" all round , A 12hr round trip and they were home. The backs fit good with plenty of room to widen inwards , fronts however touch calipers :crying: not by much but enough to need a 5 mm spacer and some light machining of the nissan lettering off the calipers ... they now fit but wheel studs are too short , new wheel studs will go in next week and it will be finished ... I got the wheels painted gold and the outers polished with new bolts and the rears were widened to 8.5 "

20120318_001.jpg

20120318_002.jpg

20120318_012.jpg

20120404_002.jpg

20120406_001.jpg

• Like 1