School

Just finished my 1st quarter of school since 1994.

Going full time to Columbia Basin College.

Passed every class I had this quarter with flying colors.

Math final was tonight. Destroyed it.

Last test of the quarter.

Went and bought myself a 4 pack of some quality brew to celebrate.

This, is what winning feels like.

Just wanted to share.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats dude! I never took time off from school, just went right through from one to the next, but I imagine that I'd have a hell of a time getting back into it after a break. And, having a family to boot.... shit. Props to you! :thumbup:

Thanks ya'll

Being laid off 3 times in the last year, I decided I can't take care of my family on that routine.

Time to go back to school.

When I was in high school, I was an athlete.

There was no need to study or work.

My grades were handed to me.

Going back now, is pretty tough.

But my family is not only my inspiration, but my wife is my tutor.

I couldn't have made this 1st quarter without her.

Now it's time to drink some beer, relax, and enjoy myself for a few days.

Monday, register for summer quarter.

But really, thanks.

I know how you feel. I didn't do well in high school but I've got straight A's so far in college. It feels good. :thumbup:

Oh, I did great in school.

Lettered in 2 sports as a freshman. Varsity all the way through school.

Scholar list. My parents even got one of those lame ass bumper stickers.

But it was all bullshit. A sham.

But between the naps, and skipping, and straight-goofing off-didn't translate to a real education.

I was on a different tract with my HS career. But when that fell apart, I realized that getting handed grades was as good as getting handed a spatula and a paper hat.

That's cool - hopefully you're working towards something you'll use/apply and enjoy, and not end up being one of us hopeless saps who went through school, got a worthwhile degree from a good college, but doesn't use it because he still hasn't figured out what he wants to do when he grows up. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything... :P

• Like 2

That's cool - hopefully you're working towards something you'll use/apply and enjoy, and not end up being one of us hopeless saps who went through school, got a worthwhile degree from a good college, but doesn't use it because he still hasn't figured out what he wants to do when he grows up. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything... :P

:lol: ,,, sounds like me

Flat-Cat ,,, Good on you ! :thumbup:

Matt...+1

I hear ya.

I wanted to be a mechanic when I grew up, but now that I'm there, I don't want to rely on a broke customer to make my money.

Recently moving her to Tri-Cities, I have no pull.

I've decided to go into Nuclear Protection, consider the reactor site that is right down the road.

Seems like a good, stable, in-demand choice.

Most everyone there is a high school dropout laborer. The ones that show up with degrees drink coffee and make big money.

After my 3rd beer, and talking with the wifey, I have to say that this is the best week of my life.

Our 2nd child was born last Wednesday, and now this.

I know it's just one quarter of school, but I'm firkin psyched!

Congrats on your first term back in school! I just finished my first term as well and am sitting with a 3.66 GPA. Not bad for having barely passed highschool. Are you taking any interesting courses over the summer? My lineup consists of math, writing 121, womens studies (heh), and a history class about the great depression. Does college send home report cards? :blink:

Congrats on your first term back in school! I just finished my first term as well and am sitting with a 3.66 GPA. Not bad for having barely passed highschool. Are you taking any interesting courses over the summer? My lineup consists of math, writing 121, womens studies (heh), and a history class about the great depression. Does college send home report cards? :blink:

My schedule consists of finishing pre-requisites to get into all my advanced study classes.

Psych, science, math. And doing it full time, with side work here and there.

Report cards being sent home? IDK. But I'm 33, so IDC either.

My money is paying for my school. So if I fail, I'm only fucking myself.

My 2 kids and wife will help to prevent that.

But congrats to everyone else who just finished or is currently in school themselves.

Flatcat, congrats on finishing your first term. :D It isnt easy going back.

I just finished my second term last week. Graduated high school in 1990, and never went to any college until January 2011. Pulled a 4.0 gpa the first term. The second term not quite as good with two A's and one B(3.66).

I too am taking summer classes and plan to enter the engineering program this fall. Already meet all of my prerequisits with the winter term. :D J ust taking care of general ed classes until the program starts.

Javin, where are you going to school? I have books for Writing 121, and Math 60/65 if you are interested. My classes were through PCC, yet some teachers use different books for the same classes.

I also have books for Psych 201a, Speech 111, and CAS 133(cool computer class).

Javin, where are you going to school? I have books for Writing 121, and Math 60/65 if you are interested. My classes were through PCC, yet some teachers use different books for the same classes.

I also have books for Psych 201a, Speech 111, and CAS 133(cool computer class).

Clackamas Community College. I have the books for those classes already. Thanks though. I am just hoping that I didnt bite off more than I can chew with 4 classes and the possibility of a new job soon.