Canby 2012: Are we there yet?

wildmaninid

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was discussed on page 42. Looks like there's a line forming for people who don't want to do their own swap.

The beauty of doing serious repairs at Canby in the past was that nobody trailered their Datsun there INTENDING to work on it(or have others work on it for them, for that matter). Those of legend were traveling toward the sacred grounds, experienced catastrophic failure, and pressed on regardless to get to the Datsun Mecca. It was a sink or swim situation, and they endured. Upon arrival, they were faced with the reality that either it got fixed, or they would be leaving their ride behind.

What came about was the reward for the risk taken.

• Like 3
Guest 510kamikazifreak

Lou contact me on FB or something, few others talkin about heading south this year. My shit never makes there and back without breaking or going haywire in some form or another, so I'm NOT doing this solo...

Hows it going Cam, How was Kelowna?

The tentative plan is head down Friday am, We will be on the 7:45 am boat to tsawwassen and should put us on the #10 by about 10:30 am(where I met a few years ago at the boundary bay road) So far as I know its only us and Mike from up Island.and "maybe" Steve from Nanaimo

Does this work with your schedule etc?

This was discussed on page 42. Looks like there's a line forming for people who don't want to do their own swap.

The beauty of doing serious repairs at Canby in the past was that nobody trailered their Datsun there INTENDING to work on it(or have others work on it for them, for that matter). Those of legend were traveling toward the sacred grounds, experienced catastrophic failure, and pressed on regardless to get to the Datsun Mecca. It was a sink or swim situation, and they endured. Upon arrival, they were faced with the reality that either it got fixed, or they would be leaving their ride behind.

What came about was the reward for the risk taken.

God damn, you have such an eloquent way with words! :geek: (and I mean that in the kindest way possible)

well i see that. but at this point my 510 wont be making it. and the z definitely wont. It'd be tow the dime which would be expensive and only worth it if I can get some progress out of it or we take my dads 05 honda pilot... = nofun haha

Honda pilot this year and get inspired by the experience to get one of your Datsuns there next year.

profit

Honda pilot this year and get inspired by the experience to get one of your Datsuns there next year.

profit

^^^ This.

Or you could always hitch a ride up with someone in a Datsun if you want to do that (and someone will let you come with them).

If you can't roll your datto, head there anyhow for some inspiration, some parts or whatever you need to get your ride ready for canby, another show or to just daily drive. The sweet repairs done last year were unplanned and the work done was born of necessity. If I was going to plan on doing a fuckton of mechanical work I think I would stay home in the comfort of my own shop.

• Like 1

well I planned on doing it myself ahead of time to get the dime up there under KA-E power but problems arise and money goes elsewhere. I'm hoping that by next year I can actually get both datto's up there.

ps, the motor swap was never the reason i was gonna go...I've been planning on attending for pretty much the whole year, only question is what's taking me there. but sadly it comes down to a honda...this year...next year I wont be letting that happen

^^^ This

Mother fuckers, get unlazy and get to work on your rides. Get off ratsun, get off the internet, get off your ass... do work!

I'll kill you izzo.

I figured it was a place you would actually show up at unlike the last 10 time I tried meeting up with you.

I still want my hood fag... :rofl:

I'll kill you izzo.

I figured it was a place you would actually show up at unlike the last 10 time I tried meeting up with you.

I still want my hood fag... :rofl:

Hahahahaha!

Fuck man. Id love to come over and work on your shit too. But I literally don't have any time :( I can work on my stuff as long as its at my house in my garage/carport thing. That wagon I got has been sitting at Freaky's house this whole time. I managed to get over there once and do some work on it one time. I need to figure out a way to get my ass over there again and finish up a few little things on it.

Admit it people...we are all freak'n lazy...It is the Oregon crappy weather???

I didn't have a garage so that slowed me down a lot. Now moving + divorce etc is being a pain in the ass, on the bright side, I have a garage now (gravel instead of cement but good enough)

Guest LoneWolf

I'm planning to drive to Oregon for the Canby Event this year... just wanted to know if anyone from Vancouver B.C is planning to go? I'm planning on leaving Vancouver Friday morning on June.8th.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hows it going Cam, How was Kelowna?

The tentative plan is head down Friday am, We will be on the 7:45 am boat to tsawwassen and should put us on the #10 by about 10:30 am(where I met a few years ago at the boundary bay road) So far as I know its only us and Mike from up Island.and "maybe" Steve from Nanaimo

Does this work with your schedule etc?

I'm planning to drive to Oregon for the Canby Event this year... just wanted to know if anyone from Vancouver B.C is planning to go? I'm planning on leaving Vancouver Friday morning on June.8th.

the "plan"

Guest 510kamikazifreak

What time would that put you guys in the Tacoma area? It would be fun to try to meet up with you guys around there and roll down in a bit larger group if it's early enough (noonish or so).

Dependent on the Border. I would say around 1:30-2:00 pm