wheels for 81 210

sabbfan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can i follow any of this advice on my 76? how would one go about measuring to get the right offset without trial and error?

With precise measuring tools like tape measures.

Pull a wheel off.

make a straight line from just inside the fender to the ground.

Measure from the closest obstacle the rim could hit, leaf springs...inner fender skin...spring perches..., to the line you made. Now subtract a reasonable amount to account for sway, like in the rear axle and sidewall deflection. This is your maximum width. Roundup/down to whole and half inches. Like 7 or 6.5

Offset is how far from the mounting surface of the rim is to the middle of the rim. +25mm offset is about 1 inch towards the outside of the wheel.

using your found width, center it as you would like in the well, as per fitment requirements.

again make a straight line down. Measure from the surface of the hub to the line. Now since you took measurements in inches, multiply by 25.4 to get to millimeters. You will have a positive offset, meaning that the center of the rim is more towards the center of the car than the mounting surface.

the wider you make the rim the less clearance there is. You will probably need to have a slight stretch (like running a 175 wide tire on a 7 inch wide wheel). take into account wheel travel. and remember a 15 inch rim only has a 7.5 inch radius.

Judging from the car above with 17's it looks like the rear can take 7in wide, and +25 offset, but my guess is a bit lower offset than that. +10 maybe.

No one knows, nobody who has them bothers to write down that sort of thing.

The stock wheels have a 30mm offset on 4.5" wide wheels. So something with zero offset, probably 7 or 8 inches wide might work.

LMAO! :lol:

"Judging from the car above with 17's it looks like the rear can take 7in wide, and +25 offset, but my guess is a bit lower offset than that. +10 maybe."

I have +45 wheels and 25mm spacers in the rear, so with that, a +20 centers it in the wheel well about perfect. I'm about 1/2 inch from the leaf and about the same with minor pulling/rolling of the fender lip. The only time i rub is over a very large dip in the back and hard corners in the front... but the front susp. is S13 240sx struts, spindles, and lower control arms.

Vid:

http://youtu.be/J8qIr_SRJOw

• 2 weeks later...

No one knows, nobody who has them bothers to write down that sort of thing.

Actually Dave, just ask someone who's done it. :P

With stock front struts and rolled fender lips, on either a B210 or B310 (210), the max typically is:

Front 15x7 +10 to +15

Rear 15x7 +0 to +10

With 280ZX struts, you can run a 15x7 +0 on the front.

I've run 4 different sets of wheels on my B210, and maybe 12 different sets on my 5 different B310s. If anyone has a "will it fit" question, feel free to direct them at me. :D

what size rim do you recommend on a 210 for max drag tire...thinking 15x8 +0 with a M/T 235/60/15

You'll need to lift it at least 1-2" in the rear, and it will stick out quite a bit. But hey, if it's a drag car...

A 15x7 +0 with a 205/50-15 will be a better fit. Or something in a 15x7 +15 range with the 225/50-15 BFG drag Radial? Only if the car's not lowered.

• 2 weeks later...

master-o-turbonic it appears that the face of the drum sits nearly even with the edge of the wheel well...i checked looked at mine and it sunken in a couple inches and tried a 15x8 4.25" backspace wheel and it was nearly flush with the fender...can anybody explain this

• 1 month later...

this is 15X8 0 offset. gonna have to do crazy flaring/ cutting the inner fender to get it to fit.

so no if you want a stock body.

2011-06-30%25252012.35.59_Statham_Georgia_US.jpg

LIFT KIT!! lol. for b210 you can get a straight lift shackle set at AZ or any other parts store for just under $20 and modify it to fit the wierd shackles on the b210 just a little shackle to leaf spring spacing problem a few washers will fix you up. idk about lifting the 210s tho.

• 3 weeks later...