im 16 and got a 1973 620

henryhustler

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i ran into an issue last week, i smelt some weird burnt smell and my gas and temp gauge went out. thats what brought me here.. hahah any ideas? and plans to restore to original. working on the rust and body so i can hopefully paint this summer! this thing is SO nice inside

Image02272011105442.jpg

• Like 1

unpaint the rings PLEASE!!!! ithey are way hard to find and they look so much better unpainted.

hahah who ever had this before me used bondo on them and i painted my grill black and didn't attempt to take those off. i regret it now but.. cant take it back!

Is the only differance in the before anafter that u painted ur grill? Looks good. Im in envy of your interior.

well i also got the rust off the roof and took off the side molding and 1600 decals. and used some rubbing compound and a buffer to bring back the paint.

well i also got the rust off the roof and took off the side molding and 1600 decals. and used some rubbing compound and a buffer to bring back the paint.

Oh ok now I see it lol. Duh! Looks good. I was never a fan of the trim.

Welcome! Nice truck!

Did you get the 1600 emblems off in one piece? I'd like to have them.

The strange smell sounds like an electrical issue. Probably from the p.o. You might take a look behind the gauge cluster.

More pics!

welcome!!!! cool.gif its nice to see any new datsun620 owners ,watch out,before you know it you have one project going,and two in the workslaugh.giflaugh.gif. its great!!!

Isn't that what everyone does? They're like potato chips,you can't have just one. ;)

Guest Rick-rat

Nice looking truck, Fuel and temp gauge and turn signals are on the same fuse on my truck, it also is connected to the charging system, the burning dmell was probably from the fuse block