pomona swapmeet this sunday

burrito213

OCT 16, 2011 this sunday :cool:

The Pomona Swap Meet & Car Show is a one-day event held at Fairplex in the city of Pomona. Rain or Shine the event runs from 5:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. For the best shopping and auto viewing, it is recommended to arrive early; remember, "early bird gets the worm." General Admission is $8 per person, cash only!

Children 12 and under are admitted free.

Fairplex charges a parking fee of $9 per vehicle for their general parking and $12 for preferred parking.

Spectators enter through Gate 17, which is located on Fairplex Drive, north from Interstate 10. (See map on the right)

NO dogs or other pets allowed.

In addition to all the vehicles for show/sale and car parts, there are concession stands located throughout the event selling a wide variety of food and beverages. Bring good walking shoes, as the swap meet and cars for sale areas are over 15 miles long. There may be more than 4,000 vehicles for show and/or sale and thousands of auto parts and related items to see.

There are several automated teller machines (ATMs) conveniently located outside the General Admission entrance, on the Main Aisle inside the event and one located at the North End of the lot. Additionally, there are hundreds of portable toilets and portable sinks located throughout the event.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hey all, i know a few of you go to these swapmeets but i'm just throwing it out there to all who is interested.

auto swapmeet and car show in pomona ca this sunday.

im not the best organizer but maybe we can have a meet and greet out there one day and represent a larger datto community at the car show. i see datsuns but not a lot. just an idea.

when my truck gets rolling on its own will i do plan on taking it out there and hope to meet some fellow datsun owners and repesent the datsun community.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found me a board. But no lakes :(

Parked my wagon in the car show area, when I came back there was a pretty nice 4 door 510 on one side and a super clean 79 510 on the other.

I was there today. I love Pomona swapmeet I was born in Pomona and have been going since I was little. My buddy Edgar scored a huge work shop floor mat with the Nissan logo I was pissed I did not see it first. Thats Ok I scored some more Datsun license plate frames and some 620 manuals. I will post some pics later.

Yeah there is one guy out there that I met about 2 years ago that scored a collection of frames from a guy. The first time I meet him he had about 10 Datsun frames, I paid him what he was asking and the rest is history. He told me he would put aside all the Datsun stuff for me. I have bought probably at leats 60 frames from him easy. He still has about 8 more I will get next time and thats the last of the Datsun frames he has. I believe there was more than 2 Datsun dealerships in SoCal, one of them being Ontario which I would trade any of my frames for!

what the heck?!.... so there were dattos out there. and there were datto parts too?..... i did see a cool huge bud light helmet some guy ended up buying.

i really didnt see anything of the datsun sort and i showed up at 6:20 and left almost around 11:00. i only saw one. this one:

1307295095953.jpg

i was snapping some photos of it because, in my opinion, it is one of my fav trucks so far and i think the owner showed up. i was pretty burnt out from all that walking so i dont know if it was the owner or just some dude checking out the honda mini bike he had in the bed.

i never would have thought about it till i saw what you wanted (datrod) but there were quite a bit of surfboards out there.:)

some pretty cool cars out there too.

I collect the license plat frames, I only sell the ones I have doubles of. I would however trade anyone I have for an Ontario Datsun frame

The only reason I asked is that I know the guy that started the DATMAN deal at that dealer. He is like 88 years old. I think he would get a huge kick out of that.

what the heck?!.... so there were dattos out there. and there were datto parts too?..... i did see a cool huge bud light helmet some guy ended up buying.

i really didnt see anything of the datsun sort and i showed up at 6:20 and left almost around 11:00. i only saw one. this one:

1307295095953.jpg

i was snapping some photos of it because, in my opinion, it is one of my fav trucks so far and i think the owner showed up. i was pretty burnt out from all that walking so i dont know if it was the owner or just some dude checking out the honda mini bike he had in the bed.

i never would have thought about it till i saw what you wanted (datrod) but there were quite a bit of surfboards out there.:)

some pretty cool cars out there too.

I walked until I found one, then I got the hell outta there.

I can hook you up with the Datman frame if you give me a good price on some Beta stub axles:D.

I would like to help ya out on that. But I didn't make any extras. But next run I will. He has been ordering about every 4 months or so.

• 2 months later...

OCT 16, 2011 this sunday :cool:

The Pomona Swap Meet & Car Show is a one-day event held at Fairplex in the city of Pomona. Rain or Shine the event runs from 5:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. For the best shopping and auto viewing, it is recommended to arrive early; remember, "early bird gets the worm." General Admission is $8 per person, cash only!

Children 12 and under are admitted free.

Fairplex charges a parking fee of $9 per vehicle for their general parking and $12 for preferred parking.

Spectators enter through Gate 17, which is located on Fairplex Drive, north from Interstate 10. (See map on the right)

NO dogs or other pets allowed.

In addition to all the vehicles for show/sale and car parts, there are concession stands located throughout the event selling a wide variety of food and beverages. Bring good walking shoes, as the swap meet and cars for sale areas are over 15 miles long. There may be more than 4,000 vehicles for show and/or sale and thousands of auto parts and related items to see.

There are several automated teller machines (ATMs) conveniently located outside the General Admission entrance, on the Main Aisle inside the event and one located at the North End of the lot. Additionally, there are hundreds of portable toilets and portable sinks located throughout the event.

im going in my 411. not really looking to sell it but it will prolly have a for sale sign for about 5-6 grand, if someone wants it that bad they can have it. mostly just going to show it and if i pay for the car to get in me and the gf are free!