wiring

need help/pix of wiring on firewall on drivers side near master cylinders on a 521. i have a threaded hole that is suppose to have a switch for throttle pedal but i don't know what switch it is or wiring colors.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The throttle switch is used along with a switch on the clutch pedal, and a switch that is on the transmission for third gear. There is also a switch on the throttle linkage of the carburetor.

These four switches control the relay that engages the retarded set of points. All this is not necessary for the engine to run right. If the carburetor is not stock, or you put a matchbox, or other electronic distributer, or swap in a five speed transmission, you cannot use the system anyway.

If you still want the information on how it is wired, I can help you, and would be happy to. But my suggestion is not to use it. The system when working properly did cause a slight jerkyness in part throttle operation, in third gear, as the ignition timing was switched from advanced to retarded.

i have a threaded hole that is suppose to have a switch for throttle pedal but i don't know what switch it is or wiring colors.

thinking brake switch

C'mon. :lol: ....... see Dan's reply above.