New '72 510 2 dr.- 6/27 pics update!!!

gwb

6/27- Click HERE to see the update

Just got my first dime today. I saw her on craigslist and immediately snatched her up as these cars are sparse in my neck of the woods. I was told that she has an p20 head bored over with Repco pistons heads, a 5sp from possibly a 280zx and a Weber carb. I was also told she sits on lowering springs, but I will have to take a look tomorrow to see what kind they are. I also got a bundle of spare parts, so if you see anything you recognize, please feel free to let me know what it is! I am also looking for a lower radiator hose, so if you know a source or part number I would appreciate it! Inside the service manual are detailed instructions and receipts which are really neat and add a lot of history to the car. I apologize for the amount of pictures!

img3270o.jpg

img3272p.jpg

img3267wf.jpg

img3266cg.jpg

img3273n.jpg

img3275g.jpg

img3276kr.jpg

img3280o.jpg

img3284e.jpg

img3285cz.jpg

img3286xt.jpg

img3287m.jpg

img3289c.jpg

img3290d.jpg

img3291m.jpg

img3292m.jpg

img3302u.jpg

img3303x.jpg

img3304op.jpg

img3309sr.jpg

img3308n.jpg

img3301fs.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously??? How did I miss this sweet deal???

Lucky man! A good 510 in GA is something to be jealous over

PS: If you feel like parting with any of those springs, let me know cool.gif

Edited by metalmonkey47

seriously??? How did I miss this sweet deal???

Lucky man! A good 510 in GA is something to be jealous over

Funny story! I came home tonight at 4am and searched for Datsun just for the hell of it before going to bed and I saw her on there and shot the guy an email. I don't think the listing was even a few hours old!When I woke up he had replied back and I checked her out in Tucker this morning.

PS: If you feel like parting with any of those springs, let me know cool.gif

Any idea what the springs are?

Funny story! I came home tonight at 4am and searched for Datsun just for the hell of it before going to bed and I saw her on there and shot the guy an email. I don't think the listing was even a few hours old!When I woke up he had replied back and I checked her out in Tucker this morning.

Any idea what the springs are?

Lucky man! I usually check for the hell of it. You seem to get a lot of the good deals. 411, and now 510!

The springs look like front 510 springs. I think they're identical to the 210's, either that or it's rear springs mellow.gif

Lucky man! I usually check for the hell of it. You seem to get a lot of the good deals. 411, and now 510!

The springs look like front 510 springs. I think they're identical to the 210's, either that or it's rear springs mellow.gif

Thanks for the info. I am a very luck person, I make it a habit to search the list a few times a day

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The springs look like rear 510 springs. I think they're identical to the 210's, either that, it's rear springs mellow.gif

Fixed :lol:

like Rustina said this is a Sedan, not a Coupe.

the Coupe was pretty only in Japan, they had a different roof line and other bad ass things that we didn't get over here.

nice score tho, and in one of those pics it looks like the head is actually a U67. its casted in teh head

The U67 head was used from about '75 through '77 on L20B motors cars and trucks. The carb and the head (likely a 210) in the trunk are probably the originals. Don't throw away offer for sale or give away if you don't want them. Remember, every part is precious and when gone they are gone.

• Like 2

I'm with MM on the score. I check craigslist everyday but did not see that one. Congrats, we should have a Yellow Datsun get together, my yellow 620,510,yet undisclosed, and your 510. Find some drivers and go cruise. Before you do much paint work, how about making it look like the 510 in the new Transformers movie. Or we should at least cruise the theater parking lots the weekend the movie comes out in our yellow 510's.

"I was also told she sits on lowering springs, but I will have to take a look tomorrow to see what kind they are"

Looks to be the right ride height for Nissan Comp springs.........the other springs are rear for sure.

Are both sets the same size? The other red set may be comp springs also, are the coils thicker?

Good find......$6.95 on the How to Book awesome!....I love when you get all the little extras...:cool:

"I was also told she sits on lowering springs, but I will have to take a look tomorrow to see what kind they are"

Looks to be the right ride height for Nissan Comp springs.........the other springs are rear for sure.

Are both sets the same size? The other red set may be comp springs also, are the coils thicker?

Good find......$6.95 on the How to Book awesome!....I love when you get all the little extras...:cool:

I will have to check when I get home tonight. I am not sure if the front of the car has been lowered. So the red/orange springs are for the rear?

I have figured out the 5sp tranny is from a 2000 roadster along with the crossmember and driveshaft. The carb is a weber 32/26 dgv unit.

I am in the process of changing out all the radiator hoses and heater hoses as well the clutch master cylinder.

• 1 month later...

Long time since an update, but I got a lot of new oics. I desperately need a radiator now as the nos one I ordered did not fit. I picked up a Fiero rad. (black plastic sides) from the parts yard but I am not sure it will provide sufficient cooling for the l16. Also need to figure out how to bleed the damn clutch, bigger pita than expected.

Old clutch slave

img3335d.jpg

Area prepped

img3432za.jpg

Side by side comparison w/ new boot... wow!

img3431fg.jpg

Looking sexy

img3433t.jpg

Sexy as f*ck

img3434p.jpg

With braided hard line

img3458yp.jpg

Not looking so well up top

img3427k.jpg

Prepped

img3430y.jpg

Primed and painted

img3447e.jpg

New master cylinder installed

img3453l.jpg

Some goodies :) :)

img3450j.jpg

Group photo

img3452ll.jpg

Kumho Ecstasszzx

img3473do.jpg

Shot of the caliper... can anyone tell me if this is stock or 280zx?

img3463ul.jpg

Shot of the strut

img3469w.jpg

:) :)

img3479p.jpg

img3480i.jpg

img3482b.jpg

img3483m.jpg

img3485y.jpg

Painted hard lines

img3428r.jpg

Random shot of new heater hoses

img3429t.jpg

I plan on going through the brakes when I get her to the point of being able to drive. I know Fram sucks but I needed something quick and dirty to use before I started her up. What kind of filters do you suggest?