$1,000 72 Datsun 510 Wagon -Auto

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car was bought from the owner of the salvage yard, which he bought through a lien sale. I'm not profiting off this vehicle, I had to pay 300 in backfee just to get it registered, I'm just trying to make back my money.

We've all been there. And there's no crime in trying to make a profit either. You just have to expect some ribbing when your first post is to show your new purchase and the next post is a sale thread...and get those other pics up. You know how gay we are for pics around here ('cuz half of us can't read anyway :D )

Free bump.

• 2 months later...

Currently Registered until NOV 11 but still has back fees to receive the title. Has brand new plates.

So how much is owing as this should come off the price don't you think?

Has a L20B motor, was running a couple of weeks ago but decided to stop turning over. Engine does crank though. Automatic transmission.

Does not make sense but either way it's a non runner?.

Yes, the current owner is suppose to pay for the registration but I don't have the money to cover that cost as of now.

Got the motor running this morning with the help of some starter fluid.

Bad: one of the old tires blew out while I was gone for 7 weeks. I'm looking for replacement wheels and tires right now.

It doesn't run... reliably, and it is an automatic. A four speed would be more desirable. If it can't be driven, it's hard to assess brakes, handling and general condition of the running gear. Even with the automatic if it ran well and in good condition $1,300 would be a pretty good price, but then there's the added $260 owing on it.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.