L20ET into 620?

gingg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?My LZ-23 is making more torque than a stock L-24.

who leaves anything stock?

if you put the same money into a 4 vs a 6, you'd have more power in the 6. Plus they sound better.

I don't know what gingg aims to do with his truck, but in a 4x4 application I like a 6's chances better. Doubly so when you're talking about towing anything. They put 'em in Patrols for a reason.

....I don't know what gingg aims to do with his truck, but in a 4x4 application I like a 6's chances better. Doubly so when you're talking about towing anything. They put 'em in Patrols for a reason.

This assumes that the swap is a success. Sure a six would be better than a four just like a V8 would be better than a six..... and would sound better. :D

who leaves anything stock?

if you put the same money into a 4 vs a 6, you'd have more power in the 6. Plus they sound better.

I don't know what gingg aims to do with his truck, but in a 4x4 application I like a 6's chances better. Doubly so when you're talking about towing anything. They put 'em in Patrols for a reason.

But he's gonna have to cut the core and possibly the fire wall.

Structural support much? Not when you're gonna try to wheel this rig.

Would it be cool? I don't know.

Original? Sure.

Finished? Statistically...probably not.

Rather than an L20A, there are many of doable swaps.

A large handful will produce better power than an L20A.

Not to mention lighter weight,/less front heavy. More HP. More torque. Easier to complete.

Sure. Going the easy, less original route isn't that much fun.

BUT-it gets your car back on the road.

We would all love to say we're rockin something not many people have.

But the truth of the matter is, we'd all rather say we drive a Datsun, not that we've had one sitting in our yard for 2 years that we're parting out now.

sometimes, if you need to ask...... your in over your head.

some questions show inexperience, inexperience + to much/complicated work = poor work/abandoned project

it dosent get thrown out there just for teh lulz.... its because weve seen it plenty of times

Im not saying he should or shouldnt do it just pointing out thats why that gets said

Remember me and my 49032490 ideas when I first got on this board? How did that end up.... I got frustrated and sold it. Fast forward 2 years, I buy it back and am now on the road to a fully built truck. Start small projects one at a time and do them right. Yes it will fit, no it's not worth it, no one will be impressed.... unless you do an amazing job, but still, you have wasted all that time on the useless swap.