Chopped 620

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you chopping a standard cab...There is 2 ways to chop a roof, you can lay the window frames back, which gives it a swooping roof line, which is the way mine is chopped. Or you can section the roof, which gives it more of a stock look. Also take in consideration of the fact that you need to trim and cut glass..and it isnt easy to find people to do that. Good luck....!!!!Mine is the one with the flames....

chop2-1.jpg

canby07100_5309.jpg

[

some pictures I have of chopped 620s:

PIC_16.jpg .jpg[/img]

Untitled-5-1.jpg

chptop.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

this is sectioned way of chopping :

Untitled-49.jpg

Looking to see if anyone has chopped a 620 on here? I would love to do it on mine and any info, tips, and tricks would be great. :D

If you have any skills from collision repair it will be easy. if not it might be alittle overwhelming. Sectioning the roof will add weight unless you find a damaged roof skin from any style sedan at a local dealer to weld in around the outer lines of your roof, but sectioning the roof is'nt very sexy. Dropping stock roof down and bringing glass in to meet choped height is the way to go. And if you are doing an extra cab, find a standard cab rear window opening to splice in.

Mine's a standard cab. I was planning on just dropping the roof and pulling the glass back at an angle and not cutting up the roof. There's a few hot rod shops around here that I've talked to and a few still cut their own glass, but I'd like to get doubles of all the windows just in case something happens. This is my truck.

2011-05-24184517.jpg

Are you chopping a standard cab...There is 2 ways to chop a roof, you can lay the window frames back, which gives it a swooping roof line, which is the way mine is chopped. Or you can section the roof, which gives it more of a stock look. Also take in consideration of the fact that you need to trim and cut glass..and it isnt easy to find people to do that. Good luck....!!!!Mine is the one with the flames....

chop2-1.jpg

canby07100_5309.jpg

i did not know your's had a full windshield on it