engine swap

this thread makes me weep for the future of america.

this thread makes me happy to know that my car will be that much rarer pretty soon

dear 110datsun,

you are not a 1337 fabricator. i own a 1200. i wanted to do the same shit that you wanted to do to your dads car(because im >9000% sure that is not your car) when i was your age. money prevented me then, intelligence prevents me now. the 1200 does NOT need the kind of power a CA makes, much less an RS, or SR, or SR24, or even a gallo 24(2 fast 2 furious joke LOL).

swap an A15, toss some dual carbs on it, and be happy with your slow car. or start your swap, and when you give up, hit me up, i can always use spare parts for my 1200.

tell you what, wait about a month and ill sell you my SU setup for the A15 for pretty cheap, because im moving up to ITB's. pics or it didnt happen right? well here you go biotch: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=443561328482&set=a.410827288482.187768.674343482&type=1&theater

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread makes me weep for the future of america.

this thread makes me happy to know that my car will be that much rarer pretty soon

dear 110datsun,

you are not a 1337 fabricator. i own a 1200. i wanted to do the same shit that you wanted to do to your dads car(because im >9000% sure that is not your car) when i was your age. money prevented me then, intelligence prevents me now. the 1200 does NOT need the kind of power a CA makes, much less an RS, or SR, or SR24, or even a gallo 24(2 fast 2 furious joke LOL).

swap an A15, toss some dual carbs on it, and be happy with your slow car. or start your swap, and when you give up, hit me up, i can always use spare parts for my 1200.

tell you what, wait about a month and ill sell you my SU setup for the A15 for pretty cheap, because im moving up to ITB's. pics or it didnt happen right? well here you go biotch: http://www.facebook....&type=1

This post makes me weep for the future of America.

My first car was an 84 bronco with a 351 Windsor. Fast as hell, 4 wheel drive, if it wasn't a tank id be dead. I went through fences, hit trees, and even rolled it and somehow I lived. I have pictures of a wrecked viper, guy driving it had no experience driving a car with that much HP and put it down a bank and almost decapitated himself on a barbed wire fence. Reminds me of a guy on a Nissan forum who wanted to swap a g37s engine (vq37) into his fwd 4th gen altima.

If you really feel you need to go turbo go ca18et (shitty) or det (great). You will be happy with either. But honestly make sure you have about 5k so when you fail you can burn the rest of your patents money to have someone fix your dads car

If any of this does become a reality, dont get attached to the car. You will probably wreck it. Fact of the matter is, most kids hit something with their first car, I did. But it did teach me something; think before you hit the gas pedal, and mercedes benz cars can hit trees and then drive on the freeway just fine.

My younger sister who has no lead foot, flipped her car. Just about everyone I know has done something they wish they never had in their first car. Dont let this happen to a Datsun. Im now on car number 3&4 and doing pretty well, havent hit anything on my accord (no not honda).

Keep the Datsun, and keep it as a project, a after school thing for a couple of years. Drive something else that the world can let go of like a 90s toyota tercel or corolla.

Yeah those shit boxes go for ever and take lots of abuse. I put my first truck 90 ford ranger 2wd into a dirt wall AFTER it jumped the ditch going about 65. Awful on gravel and I hate fords to no end. All 5 I've dealt with sucked. I got wiplashed pretty hard and it broke my friends nose. I was sixteen and stoned last day of highschool. Cars are serious business and we both could have easily died if the blow wasn't deflected. I've done my fair share of "if it's on gta why not try it?" ideas car surfing etc and that's just insane.

Seat time, OR you're not trying hard enough! I've been off on the edge of a cliff, wrecked twice, both minor. First time I did a 4 wheel drift on pavement was when I was 17 on a trip to Boise. Was racing (stupid) a faster car through the two lane double yellow on 95 along the river an hour outside of Boise, (even stupider) and went into a corner waaaaaay too hot. The result was drifting sideways at 45 or so on a legitimate 25 mph corner. Luckily didn't hit the concrete guardrail, and didn't hit anyone in oncoming traffic. Pulled over at the next available moment and my buddy and I took a breather.

Oh to be young and stupid! That was in a long bed 87 B2000 pickup too. Not exactly the finest vehicle for driving prowess. ;)

swap an A15, toss some dual carbs on it, and be happy with your slow car.

Here's the solution:

He can buy my car which already has an A15 and multiple carbs. Better than that, it includes a parts car and a spare(s) for just about everything he could possibly break. Although he'll probably eventually wreck it - at least his car might be saved.

Your dad wants to relive high school?

Did they even have SR20's when your dad was in school?

WTF am I missing here? What are you missing?

I seriously think you and/or your dad will kill yourselves with a DET equipped car.

i`ve told him that i dont want a sr20 det motor i want to put a L20 in it now because its cheaper and its easy ,still need a little fab work