engine swap

reading your posts i get an image of a rusting 1200 sitting in a field with a12 in the back seat.

no i have not driven it in stock form my dad bought it while i was out of town and tour everything out of the car be for we could drive it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the car you have now is perfectly matched to your skill level. drop in a motor that will bolt right up, figure out how to fix every issue that comes up like carb tuning, ignition timing, leaky gaskets, whatever the fuck else. when you start to suck less at being alive and driving, maybe bump up to a larger engine. if you think an engine swap will make your car "a cool car in high school" that is nowhere near enough. you would have to take that car throw it off a cliff and hope the beating it would take would bump it up in the "vintage" category and do some retarded camber and stretched tires to gain drifter points. because that is how you become a "BAUCE"

cars teach YOU, not the other way around.

• Like 3

the car you have now is perfectly matched to your skill level. drop in a motor that will bolt right up, figure out how to fix every issue that comes up like carb tuning, ignition timing, leaky gaskets, whatever the fuck else. when you start to suck less at being alive and driving, maybe bump up to a larger engine. if you think an engine swap will make your car "a cool car in high school" that is nowhere near enough. you would have to take that car throw it off a cliff and hope the beating it would take would bump it up in the "vintage" category and do some retarded camber and stretched tires to gain drifter points. because that is how you become a "BAUCE"

cars teach YOU, not the other way around.

well played

chuck_norris_approves_RE_A_newspaper_for_Sharenator-s390x253-138111.jpg

I like the cut of your jib new guy......

Sort of reminds me how my dad would let me drive his Ford Focus ZX3 it was pretty fast, I liked it, I would take it for drives but I never really liked it because it was all or nothing, At least till I flipped it. After that I can say I'm much happier with having a Super beetle as a daily driver Its quick but its more reasonable on the street and not as scary as FWD can be with lots of power.

All and all, Just make it driveable first and tell your dad its your car and to F*** off and let you build it the way you want. A semi fast car that handles really nice is much more fun then a car that is crazy fast.

I'm pretty sure rhd bastard got scared off. But hey if you choose to come back you should definately make an a14dtttt

it's a pretty common engine in austrellia. All you would need is the det head for an a16 four turbos (one for each cylinder or else it won't run right) the a14 engine fires in the order of up up down down and left right left right. With four turbos it can maximize the true potential. Oh and another good upgrade for the valve springs is the lazy boy recliner mod. Get some springs our of the seat cushions and they are designed to hold 500lbs of boost each. (gotta hold the weight of a fat American) whereas the stock springs can only take 2 lbs each. I suggest unless you do the spring mod to keep boost low by using Garret ar.3 trim turbos with no blow off valves.

• Like 2

So many questions, so little time.

I read this complete post hoping to get some idea of what this young man really wants to do. I think it,s his dads project and he,s trying to get the son to approve and work on the car he brought home.

110datsun, if you,re really interested in this project, convince dad to fix this car just as it is. fix the original engine etc. Then drive it for a while. Having a reliable car to drive while your in school is a bigger deal than having an almost fast car later. (someone will have a faster, cooler, one anyway).

Then when you have had some fun with an original datsun, you might have an idea of what you want, and procede from there.

I have considerable more experience than most on this forum, (not better just more) my first car was a 51 ford woody wagon w/239 flathead V-8. My first new car a 1970 big block nova. Blah blah.

A good reliable economical car is a good thing right now.

If, this project is not you favorite, tell you dad. Trust me he,ll get it

Most of all, knowledge is power. Stay in school Read car books, try to learn all you can about what interests you.

I know I,m sounding like a teacher ,but I,ve been down this road before. I hope you are sucessful, it will be more work than you imagined, But! oh the rewards and memories..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was genuinely interested in the progress and well being of this young man and father/son project.

j/k I did it for the lulz