Breast Cancer

12 members have voted

1. 1. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA?

• yes
    • no
    • direct individual donations to cancer agencies

since I joined this site I have read a few threads mentioning wifes and girlfriends having breast cancer.

I had this crazy idea of maybe if we as a community donate towards the build of a Datsun to be raffled off for Breast Cancer awareness. Who would actually take charge of the actual build depends on who is willing to volunteer thier time we can either send parts or paypal to get needed parts.

edit: I updated the poll

Edited by Z chopper
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll volunteer to open a breast cancer detection clinic.

^^^ :rofl:

Isn't that the TSA's job?

"Ma'am, I'm gonna have to check those boobies..."

"WHAT?? *Slap*"

"Ma'am, it's for your own health"

Edited by metalmonkey47
Guest 510kamikazifreak

Ok guys I am being very serious here, cancer of any form is a very serious subject. I just thought it would be a way some of us can support the women in our lifes.

It is Ratsun you know.. :w00t:

A good chuckle is always great for the soul :thumbup:

Mmmm...yes boobies :D

Always had a latent desire to provide a service for this issue,...so....I figured a mobile breast inspection vehicle is in order. :frantics:

Examinations,house calls and of course a medical disclaimer.....etc.... are a given, free. :D

24/7.

My take:

Honestly, I think it's a pretty fuckin great idea wink.gif

Imagine, if you could get enough publicity off the build here, and it was taken seriously, you could probably score some nice sponsors. Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Victorias Secret, ETC! And All to build a badass Datto twofinger_salute.gif

If we got $20 donated from half the Ratsun members, (not just counting the actives, just an estimate), we could get close to $40K towards building it and donations.

And all of this for saving boobies! The best thing in the world after Datsuns

55EveryoneLovesBoobs-1.jpg

Yes it would take alot of work and dedicated people.

Ratsun has a member(s) that works for a magazine so maybe we can get a connection with them to cover the build in the magazine (good publicity for ratsun and the magazine), all sorts of possibilties with the connections of the members on here.

Not to be a wet blanket, but while this idea is well-intentioned, it's not a good idea. Reasons being:

1. Ratsun is an online forum.

2. We would need someone to take leadership/register this car.

3. Because we are worldwide, only those in the immediate vicinity would be able to help.

4. Someone will get stuck doing ALL the work.

5. It's going to cost way more than it's worth.

6. When the car is finally raffled off, assuming the person doesn't wrap it around a tree, if it breaks down, they're going to be up shit creek unless they know how to work on cars.

7. If anything fails or breaks down on the car, it reflects poorly on ratsun.net, but more importantly it goes back to whoever sold it. Ratsun isn't an LLC or anything, so that means whoever registered it is going to catch the flack.

Better left to a Church group or magazine, or an organization in a central location. Just my two cents, but I applaud your good intentions.

• Like 1

Not to be a wet blanket, but while this idea is well-intentioned, it's not a good idea. Reasons being:

3. Because we are worldwide, only those in the immediate vicinity would be able to help.

6. When the car is finally raffled off, assuming the person doesn't wrap it around a tree, if it breaks down, they're going to be up shit creek unless they know how to work on cars.

7. If anything fails or breaks down on the car, it reflects poorly on ratsun.net, but more importantly it goes back to whoever sold it. Ratsun isn't an LLC or anything, so that means whoever registered it is going to catch the flack.

Better left to a Church group or magazine, or an organization in a central location. Just my two cents, but I applaud your good intentions.

he right, its a great idea but Ratsun is just an associated group of datto heads and not any sort of legally recognized entity (aside from the domain name).

the organization and paper work side of it would be extremely difficult

All very good points.

You summed it up nicely. Good intentions,not a good idea.

Sorry.

My take:

Honestly, I think it's a pretty fuckin great idea wink.gif

Imagine, if you could get enough publicity off the build here, and it was taken seriously, you could probably score some nice sponsors. Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Victorias Secret, ETC! And All to build a badass Datto twofinger_salute.gif

If we got $20 donated from half the Ratsun members, (not just counting the actives, just an estimate), we could get close to $40K towards building it and donations.

Let me get this right, $40k on a Datsun build that history has always proven will at most, sell for almost 2/3 of it's value, not counting labor. It would be more cost effective to just donate money directly.

my mom had breast cancer, we thought she beat it but we found out 7 years later that it had spread to her bones, she died about a year after that. i voted for this idea but after reading the subsequent replies, they are right, its practically a bad idea.

Let me get this right, $40k on a Datsun build that history has always proven will at most, sell for almost 2/3 of it's value, not counting labor. It would be more cost effective to just donate money directly.

direct donation to the local cancer agencies does seem to be the best idea