78 datsun 4x4 build thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just removed my cars lighter and but in a starter button to its place. Its just about 6mm thick plastic with a hole where the lighter goes trough. That is all. The housing itself is just a sheatmetal tube with pressed end that screws on the lighters thread.

Keep us posted on the wiring repair. As I just restored mine to original state and haven't realy tested it out. I have a new modern fuse box what I'll be butting in. If you have any good tips how to make it better and safer let us know.

What I did was remove the incoming + cable (thick black one) that comes from the batteri from rest of the harnes and kept it separeate as much as possible. So it doesn't have any change to connect with anything without passing trough a fuse . Still thinking about adding an aditional 20-30A main fuse and a safety swich to cut of power from the whole car fast.

What does the housing that the lighter screw into look like? I am wondering if it will be able to be a mounting point. Sorry. I can take this to a new thread...not trying to threadjack.

The housing is screwed on in the pic, it has the ribs on it. Should be able to fit a large spark plug socket on it. You can see the threads for the outer housing and the inner housing threads sticking out on the right where the wire comes out.

so i took the dash back out and discovered that the headlights relay is some vatozone one and the headlight wiring is way jacked up! i am now looking for a whole new dash with hopefully (fingers crossed) wiring harness as unmolested as possible! going to check out some local yards out here in my area

Pulled the dash off and took a couple of pictures of my mess. I think it can be saved.... I just don't know how. BD0F413A-7C22-4CE5-951E-D878EF82BB7F-6316-00000627E8FE1528.jpgthats the back side of my head light toggle switch. F9042554-D94A-4B23-93ED-948CEFAB9C24-6316-00000627D5B55055.jpgthis wire was plugged into the fuse panel as well. Believe it to be turn signal? The plug that had the headlight swotch wires going into it was melted where the blue and green wire went into it. I didn't take note if what was going into what (dumb) and now I'm lost

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...