Ahhh, cant beat the smell of fresh tools!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craftsman was a good starter set of tools. The day I went to sears on my lunch break to swap some broken tools and they told me they wouldn't replace them because I had my work shirt on and HAD to be using them for "daily" use I started buying Snap-on. Traded in all my Craftsman tools in on them and my Snapon guy gave me full retail trade in. Now, I am 90% snappy, 8%Mac and 2% matco/hf.

So I just got a job as a mobile service tech. The size of my Snapon Rollcab wouldn't allow it to fit in my van, so I went around today looking for boxes. FUCK CRAFTSMAN BOXES.......I got a really nice Kobalt box with a big clamshell lid for 210$ on sale at Lowes. Sears' comparable box was 430$...........

Develop a relationship with your tool guy. He will be your best friend, take care of you 24/7. I got a summary of my business withmy last snap on guy, and in the 5 years I was with him I spent 47 grand. I was given at least 6 thousand in free tools over the years, not counting a contest that I won 1500 worth of tools. I had carte blanche on his truck, with a 9 grand credit limit and never paid a dime in interest. Also the weekends we went boating, dinners he bought, booze, parties, shows and countless other perks just for being a good customer. When business slowed and times were tough, he took care of me, let my account ride for 4 months and never put me out when i needed a tool.

Also if you need a torque wrench, save your bucks and go with the best........

Techangle techwrench ftw

2011-07-06_09-44-26_926.jpg

Sweet Bill! I too have a Kobalt box and for a budget box, they're quite well made. I have just a top box I use as a road box. And might I say I need to have a fire extinguisher around in the shop. I started three separate fires while welding the other day! :o

Hahah, that just reminded me of that story with you in the yard and the torch Bill. :D And then there's my story....hehe.

• Like 1

if i was doing more than just garage wrenching i would put more money into tools, or if i needed to use them on a daily basis, or if i had to rely on them to bring home a paycheck. But i dont, cus i cant stand fixing other peoples shit when they dont care. I never pay full price, there are too many sales that come around. I grew up wanting a bright red and black garage full of craftsmen tools, which is why i continue to buy craftsmen.

sadf.jpg

Ive also made very good friends with the manager in my local craftsmen section, ive brought in screwdrivers that ive obviously used as pry bars and hes swapped them out. I guess until i get screwed over im good with craftsmen for now.