Get rid of the Roof!

ddhacor

Anyone seen a post or know of a write-up on how to turn the 620 into a convertible? I've been looking with no results. I'm not interested in an actual fabric roof, just want to know what you have to do to chop the roof off and do any necessary frame reinforcements.

Like this one...but not lowered...yet.

primer-01.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AIM indurties has a vert kit for the 620s. It cost about $400 and it has all the hardwear to do the top. It comes with everything you need to do it. It as the caps for where you cut off the top clamps etc. Then all you do is lift it off and on,. They leak a bit, but in your region I wouldnt be to conserned. The pics of the truck below are of vert tops. the one with the top on has the kit you can see what it looks like. The other is my truck, which I no longer have the top.

It takes about 3 hrs are so and it is pretty easy. I think there web site is http://www.truckin.com..but I think if you google AIM industries you find it. And hell there is Pheonix...probly go down and get it...good luck

IMG_1039.jpg

datsun003.jpg

Dave your 620 is SUPER clean, dont know how you do it up there with all that rain :D Mine is'nt finished yet but was alot of labor & hours involved already. I need to figure out a better latch setup. ddhacor all i gotta say is once that 1st cut is started theres no going back :thumbup:

P1010011.jpg

If you notice too i welded the A pillars to the door frames & cut them @ the bottom...

dude i live in phx, and used to work for aim 5 yrs ago, i too have a 620, wanted to go vert last year, they said they lost the mold for the plastic parts, so no more 620 vert parts, thats straight from the owners mouth..the only way left is as pacific did, cut and weld.. :cool: