Looking for an emblem

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, that helps.. but I wonder why there are more holes under the dealer sticker.... I know the "datsun" and the "510" were on the right side..but whats all on the left side? Besides the BW full auto emblem.

Anyone have one or can get me the specs/good clean photo of it? Also, when/what did these come in and how do you tell?

http://i396.photobuc...10/IMG0099A.jpg

B-Wfullautomatic.jpg

There were three automatic emblems, two for the Borg Warner. I believe the one above is the very earliest and was used until July of '68 and says " FULL AUTOMATIC". The next one simply had a large B-W and was used until May of '71. All autos after that were the Nissan JATCO built 3N71B and the emblem simply said NISSAN/AUTOMATIC with white background/dark background

All emblems for the automatic transmission were mounted below the driver's side tail light (sedan) and just below and to the right on the goon.

This is where the automatic emblem goes...

BlueWAGON15.jpg

These holes are not for any factory emblems...

BlueWAGON13.jpg

Back in the day pot metal dealer emblems were mounted this way. Unbelievable!

Yeah I saw that later and added to the post.

Banana, thanks for the oics of the NISSANAUTOMATIC emblem.

The BW auto was a hold over from when Nissan contracted with Austin of Great Britain in the early '50s to build Austin cars in Japan. There were three different BW auto trannys used, all slightly different and all column shift. The crafty Japanese used the BW while they designed their own automatic along with Mazda and Toyota (maybe others) in a partnership to form the Japan Automatic Transmission Company. (JATCO) In May of '71 their new 3N71B was installed in the 510. The common now, floor shift for the automatic didn't arrive until the start of the '72 year model in June. So for two months you could get a column shift 3N71B automatic. How rare is that?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.