fng

Uncle Laulau

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun! Here is a link on how to post photos - http://community.rat...e-photo-albums/ lets see the truck!!! :P

I still can't see it

Welcome to Ratsun. Lets have the pics now it's been 2 hours already ;)

Still waiting!!!:blink:

oictoosmall.jpg

8055.44789.this_2B00_thread_2B00_completely_2B00_useless-WITHOUT_2B00_IMAGES_21002100_1_2100_.jpg

We need to have a clear message sent and displayed that says, "YOUR FIRST POST MUST INCLUDE PICTURES"

That way the noob's don't have a page of "I can't see your oics" posts. :D

When a noob comes back to their thread, and sees 9 replies, they think cool.

When a noob reads 9 replies that say you need pictures, they'll either get it, or leave.

I see not a problem with the current SOP.

I like the rims too.

Been looking at set of those a friend has. Good to know they look decent on a 521.

Now your "Lame questions."

Unless you really want to get flamed, search.

We all know you're gonna ask about a 5 speed swap.

We all know you're gonna ask about disc brakes.

And you're probably gonna ask about what other engines will "bolt in."

Really. Search.

But hey, good looking truck. Welcome to Ratsun. Keep the oic's coming.

i like those rims. Nice looking truck

IMG_9069.jpg

Thanks. Those rims look 70's ish to me. I like em. I do remember the the little rims on an old 510 i had. Man people kept asking about them. I think they were a hot thing, they had aluminum beads and gray spokes on the inside. They resembled old race car rims from the 50's or 60's.

I like the rims too.

Been looking at set of those a friend has. Good to know they look decent on a 521.

Really. Search.

But hey, good looking truck. Welcome to Ratsun. Keep the oic's coming.

avitar.jpg

Good advice. Sounds like you guys have been doing this for a bit. I will search for answers. Guess what....five speed is in bigger engine is in, drum brakes...sucktastic ahhhh. Engines pinging a bit so I think I need to adjust the timing. The nice fellah that put me in this truck told me the engine and transmission type but I was so exited to drive it away I forgot. Tehe

avitar.jpg

Good advice. Sounds like you guys have been doing this for a bit. I will search for answers. Guess what....five speed is in bigger engine is in, drum brakes...sucktastic ahhhh. Engines pinging a bit so I think I need to adjust the timing. The nice fellah that put me in this truck told me the engine and transmission type but I was so exited to drive it away I forgot. Tehe

That almost looks like the Dr. in the passenger seat. :P

The engine label is on the passenger side of the engine, right below the head. It will say L16, L18, or L20B. As for the head-same side, but this time above the 1st spark plug. It will say either 210 or a letter (A, U, or W) followed by 2 numbers.

I can't help ya on tranny identification though. You'll come to learn who that guy is soon.

Truck looks great though. Glad to know another 521 has been saved, and made it's way over to this side of the interwebs.

110401_002.jpg

That was funny. I can handle the ball busting, that's a good way to learn. If you think that was lame wait till you get a load of my questions.

welcome to Ratsun :cool:

thats a nice lookin 521

Really. Search.

lol the flaming isnt really that bad, you do need thick skin from time to time.

Ratsun has a special sence of humour sometimes :P lots of inside jokes and sarcasm :lol:

those are all good topics to take flatcat's advice on though, basics are well covered.

theres sickied threads and a FAQ thread as well.

but dont let it be a deterant from asking questions (even if there little) after youve done some searching.

Ratsuns pretty helpful and theres alot of smart dudes around here.

IMG_9230.jpgIMG_9226.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg

IMG_9227.jpg

gwo/IMG_9228.jpg[/img]IMG_9227.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg

Thanks for the hints on finding engine and head identification. This will be helpful, I think I may need to adjust the timing it's pinging. Had fun today on the way to school. I flooded the engine leting it idle in my drive while the choke was all the way out for about twenty minutes. Over kill I think and it didn't run good till I came home. I will drive this thing into the ground most likely. I'll fix this and that as it breaks or when I feel an urge and have extra cash on hand. I'm feeling the need for more power however but my skills under the hood and lack of mad cash may inhibit this desire. Funny thing on the new side view mirror. I bought it at a all American car parts junk yard. It's 50's 60's USA stuff. I parked out front and apologized to the guy behind the counter for messing up his theme. He said he didn't care where I parked and what I did with the mirror as long as I payed for it. Money talks Datson walks. Ha ha.

Man, I was gonna say nice truck until you ruined it with a fender mirror :(

Dude the mirror is Japanese 510ish don't you think. Ha I am out to make a silly truck more silly. Wait till you see the off road light I'm planning on putting on my bumper, the headlight shades and wire guards, and the yellow high beams. I'm crazy weeeee