On advice from counsel name withheld till further notice.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i just put the center piece so it goes into each side and slowly squish it in ,,that way you can feel if it binds up... I have a huge press , but i did it that way once and it has so much pressure it just pulverised the needle bearing that got cocked it there..

it`s air powered hydraulic so i take the ram in the geerage to keep from rusting,,like the rest of it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ097.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ098.jpg

sheeplove.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So im trying to clear out one of my sheds so i can store a 65 ranchero in it and i haven`t really been able to use this shed since the early 90s...Soo while throwing the acumulation of junk away i found a power brake booster i saved off a b210 that was rearended ,, score for me ,, and the lizard mobile..

a couple of the body parts i knew were there,, in rafters.

FAT510001-4.jpg

FAT510002-2.jpg

And in this bucket which was under a lot of " stuff " ,,, was this ,

FAT510005-1.jpg

FAT510004-5.jpg

FAT510003-4.jpg

It`s like finding money, cuz i bought one off Pumpkin for my brothers car a year ago that was raggedy for $40. and was happy to get it.....The adapter thing is in bucket but picture of bucket is zoomed in because it is now 6 feet from reachable ,,,at the moment

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now i feel bad cause the car in pictures is in the exact same spot only without pumpkins.. :hmm:

Anyway ,, me and Captain Freakshow picked up a new project today .,, 83 280zx 5speed for kinda cheeep. a couple pics

FAT510001-8.jpg

FAT510004-6.jpg

FAT510003-6.jpg

FAT510002-4.jpg

most of car went home in this

FAT510005-2-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah ,, i was planning on taking it to Canby for a marker sign next year, (Man that seems like a long time from now ). gotta figure a way to make it less tippy and install very low watt lights in it...Maybe just wire to fence back there i don`t know.

• 2 months later...

So after almost 2 years my older brother ,, tired of seeing the mess,,  gave me a piece of hard line to fix my clutch line correctly

:sneaky: :rofl:

.... The line i had is out of a 76 620 and it was a bit bent and ran all over the place under there ,, it also didn`t go to bracket so it just kinda hung in there.. I was also using a slave that i had just found in garage when buildng car , but me and Izzo disassembled a ZX and i swiped the slave off it.....

....Changed out end fittings for ones i had saved and double flared it again,, bent it,, installed it .. all i need is a hoop bracket to secure it to firewall but im way to cheap to buy one at the hardware.

fat510079_zps56cd4054.jpg

fat510080_zps472a985a.jpg

the slave i was using..

fat510082_zpsb23552b6.jpg

" New "  slave

fat510081_zpsc65c08b0.jpg

Tah dah ,,,,,,,and it even goes through the bracket for the first time in the life of car , since it was originally a automagic

fat510084_zps0878cb93.jpg

fat510083_zps3fa04ace.jpg

Also i have been asked on a couple of occasions why this is called "slam" dunk go when my car isn`t that low...Weeeeeell i ment it in basketball terms ( for you nerds ,, it`s a type of sport not involving the internet or computers ) meaning to do it quickly and with as much force as possible ,,,  not in the flatbill,, ricer ,, drifting fanboy way,,   that everybody seems to use nowadays..

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings..

:)

19c945fefb8a6f9b6bbb4bca5cdf6e0e.gif

42245f9f5f4112d29c970814f8d67c0d.gif

• Like 2
yeah i just put the center piece so it goes into each side and slowly squish it in ,,that way you can feel if it binds up... I have a huge press , but i did it that way once and it has so much pressure it just pulverised the needle bearing that got cocked it there..

it`s air powered hydraulic so i take the ram in the geerage to keep from rusting,,like the rest of it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sheeplove.gif

should get it powdercoated

Jrock ,,, Speaking of sending you work,, my son has been on his way over to talk to you about his cover for a few weeks now ..I was telling him he should get you to show him something crazy and he could spend a few extra bucks over your base price,,,,but,,,,

Replaced my broken tail lenses ,,,finally,,,  with a couple i bought off Ebay a year or so ago.. They are the same ones that come from Mexico but at the time i bought them they were coming outta Texas...  They aren`t exact, in they are smooth all the way across without the square reflector thing in middle,, but they were super cheap,.. and the fit wasn`t that bad..

My lenses were pretty banged up  to say the least..

fat510083_zps22b6f9f8.jpg

fat510082_zps68cd3e9e.jpg

fat510081_zpsd533253e.jpg

fat510084_zpse12b823d.jpg

fat510087_zps06f883e8.jpg

New lenses

fat510079_zps36f5a5e7.jpg

difference in them top one original..

fat510085_zps4d8ba2d0.jpgfat510086_zpsfe9762e8.jpg

Way cleaner looking than before

fat510089_zps2c8a2b03.jpg

And adding this in case Adam_Eagle stops by ,,,, to show my mad entertainment system hook-up skills....

fat510091_zps90969687.jpg

Dude i can totally set you up

:lol:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So i had a nightmare that my son passed up Eagles almost complete 620 for sale and got a mostly disassembled 720 instead..... I woke up thinking yeah right why would anyone even want one of the possibly most maligned datsun trucks ever ,,,hahahaha yeah ,,,, wow  what a dream ..

Oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,dear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LORD!

ernest-do-not-want-scared-o_zpsfd9d1ec8.

TrackFBallMisc003_zps269758ec.jpg

TrackFBallMisc001_zps6a8499ff.jpg

like that would do anything .. But because it is a 1980  i was thinking ( if it`s a lost cause ) parting it for it`s 5speed ,  matchbox and brand new (manual choke) Weber that came with it,,  to our other cars ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but  we have been discussing making some 3"  body lift blocks and a set of Firewater allterrain 235/75/15" tires (28" tall) and stock wheels that came off a Toyota 4x4 i sold more than a decade ago......

If it will even run that is..

This is probably being parted but may get 3 inch body lift ,,,, probably not though.. We put back together one of the carbs included couldn`t figure out why it ran so messed up after flattening carb spacer... but the jets were missing also... PO had gotten truck from dad and really needed to get it out of mini storage ,, and installed 5speed ( which in my opinion this year truck doesn`t really need ),, but the clutch master and the slave were completely rusted solid ,, I had a couple spares so that worked out too...

... Like i said probably going to part the body out and keep the engine , 5speed , matchbox distributor and brand new Weber that came with it so didn`t want start this thing it`s own build thread..... i think since son never changed title into his name this is a one owner truck for real..

Carb spacer ,, had to beat and file this thing for a long time to straighten it out.....Warp was bigger on flat surface but hard to get good pic on mirror.

TrackFBallMisc005_zps4e026373.jpg

TrackFBallMisc001_zpsfca5151f.jpg

First battery tray

TrackFBallMisc004_zps21ce82a5.jpg

My son (FAT510)  adjusting the valves

TrackFBallMisc005_zpsca8a4fe9.jpg

TrackFBallMisc006_zpsab3e843b.jpg

TrackFBallMisc007_zps25a1c17e.jpg

TrackFBallMisc009_zps296588bc.jpg

TrackFBallMisc008_zps1ceac420.jpg

We may do this to make a logging roads rig ( we live 2 miles from a state forest)

TrackFBallMisc010_zps72637299.jpg

TrackFBallMisc011_zps46efed4a.jpg

Battery tray fix after we found it ran and changed out all clutch hydraulics..

TrackFBallMisc012_zpsf2ec8151.jpg

TrackFBallMisc013_zpsbd58b458.jpg