Magnets??

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah!! I've heard of those.....they trap the rust in your lines so it cloggs them up and when you take the magnet off the rust cloggs your filter then lets see......I know they don't work, they are crap!! :rolleyes:

I know someone who sells those at $250.00 a pop....what a waste!!:eek:

I have a 'turbonator' and save 30% fuel. I also have these multiple electrode sparkplugs and save another 30% of my fuel. I have and air filter that saves 25% and an inline fuel filter with magnets that energize my gas for another 15% savings. I used to have device for making hydrogen gas for the carb, but I got tired of stopping every few hundred miles to empty the overflowing gas tank!!!

I have a 'turbonator' and save 30% fuel. I also have these multiple electrode sparkplugs and save another 30% of my fuel. I have and air filter that saves 25% and an inline fuel filter with magnets that energize my gas for another 15% savings. I used to have device for making hydrogen gas for the carb, but I got tired of stopping every few hundred miles to empty the overflowing gas tank!!!

LOL

The steel lines would shield the gas inside from the magnetic field anyway. Now if you taped the magnets to the rubber lines it might really work.:mellow:

Not true... stick a magnet to a steel fuel line, and you'll magnetize the entire line. The lines aren't thick enough to "shield" anything more than the weakest magnets, which wouldn't stick to the line anyway. And the steel lines aren't really "shielding" as much as absorbing. Ever stuck a magnet in a bucket of nails? You end up picking up a big glob of nails. It doesn't form one layer of nails- each nail will become magnetized, though less as more nails are added.

In any case, all that sticking magnets on fuel lines does is trap rust particles to that particular line. Even if gasoline molecules were affected by magnetism (and they are, but not in any beneficial way) the "benefits" would disappear once the fuel was past the magnet (in the float chamber in this case). Heck, if a magnet worked so well, why hasn't any one of these quacks selling them "invented" a system that uses a much stronger electromagnet? All you have to do is wrap a short section of the steel line with small gauge winding wire and provide it with low-current DC (if you've ever made an electromagnet with a nail and a AA battery, principle is the same). Ooh! I should patent that idea. Could be the next fad, I could make millions! Just don't hook it up backwards- that could "arrange" the gasoline molecules the wrong way!