pic of your dime

Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Green one is still one of my favorites. Maybe it's because it's because it's a color you don't see often? Maybe it's because it's clean yet aggressive? Maybe it's because I have a hard-on for VGs?

Remind me, what's the benefit of the VG.  If I remember right stock they were only about 150hp?  And arent' they are heavier than the SR20DET or the KA.

Yeah, torque is where it's at.  I still haven't decided if the weight difference is worth a swap from an L20B.  I think I remember the KA and SR20DET being 100 lbs heavier than the L20B.  If that's so, then the 150hp from the stock KA wouldn't be worth it in my book.  200 from the SR is more convincing.  But a stroker L series and a Jap-spec SR20DET with near 200hp cost about the same, and the L is lighter.  Then my question is, how much $$ does it take to get over 200hp out of a VG?.....

I think I remember the KA and SR20DET being 100 lbs heavier than the L20B.  If that's so, then the 150hp from the stock KA wouldn't be worth it in my book. 

Yeah but its the $/HP thats the draw on the KA. You can get them everywhere (though maybe not as available in AK) so the 100lbs seems to be a bit overlookable for the cheaper price. 

Yeah, torque is where it's at.  I still haven't decided if the weight difference is worth a swap from an L20B.  I think I remember the KA and SR20DET being 100 lbs heavier than the L20B.  If that's so, then the 150hp from the stock KA wouldn't be worth it in my book.  200 from the SR is more convincing.  But a stroker L series and a Jap-spec SR20DET with near 200hp cost about the same, and the L is lighter.  Then my question is, how much $$ does it take to get over 200hp out of a VG?.....

Find a 510 with each engine and suspension that you're interested in and see if you can drive them. I've only driven a VG but I fell in love that second.

Tristin, The Dat-side, q-tip, all good points.

I did just find myself researching VG30 swaps....

I will stick with the L20B for now, but one can dream....  As far as cost, it sucks up here in Alaska for trying to afford anything.  Prices, shipping cost, and labor rates are stupid high.  Either bend over or stick with what you got.

On the Alaska note:

I'd like to contribute some pictures of my car to this thread, but it won't stop raining right now....  The "best summer in Anchorage history" is gone.  I haven't seen the sun in a week.... 

The sun came out for the afternoon!  Finally got some pics.  It still needs more lowering. Maybe this weekend!?

Stats:

2 owner
CA car
L20B, Weber 38DGES
1982 zx 5spd and front struts, brakes, wheels w/ 185/60/14 tires
Currently; ST sport springs front, and St front anti-sway bar
Haven't touched the rears yet

Plenty more work to do, I'm just using up all the good days left of Summer and waiting for Winter to set in before I start on the little things.

051.jpg

056.jpg

046.jpg

045.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

062.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg