danger?

Jennifer

So I start my car just earlier to warm it up, I hear this clinking noise so I open the hood to check it. theres this bolt out and its tapping on my belt thing. I pushed it back in and pulled it out and pushed it back in. Is the bolt supposed to easily come out like that? Thanks for any help!!

DSC05589.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

roger that skib, seems like you can take a whole datsun apart with those four wrench sizes...

EDIT: it also looks like your alternator bracket is cracked on the bottom, where the adjusting groove starts... i would definately raplce or weld that, if the top one brakes you might just be screwed...

I think it's all the street racing going on. Warp speed rattles stuff apart. Quinn heard a rattle the other day... Must have not checked it

hahah i take care of it myself now :) if i let him handle it, he'll just throw shit together : / plus he doesn't like my car. yup street racing at 50 mph !!

You drive a 510.

You should be good at using wrenches

12mm till its snug. snug only

thanks, im on it!!

roger that skib, seems like you can take a whole datsun apart with those four wrench sizes...

EDIT: it also looks like your alternator bracket is cracked on the bottom, where the adjusting groove starts... i would definately raplce or weld that, if the top one brakes you might just be screwed...

.... :( ill fix it this weekend..did not notice..makes me sad

I have had trouble with that bolt coming loose. You should pull it out and put some blue loc-tite on it. Also check your alternator tensioning arm. Mine had a crack in it when I took it off last.

-Dime

thankss!! where do i get blue loc-tite?

you cant pull that bolt out anyways to locktitie it. The bolt is too long and will hit the pully. Unless you pull the radiator out and the fan pulley then you can get the threads

PS thats a clean motor.whoever did it did a good job not a oily motor

it runs great and takes me places!!! but there are problems...valve cover gasket is leaking oil again and other stuff i dont know, is it okay for the motor to shake when started up?

I too agree with just putting the bolt back in, and tightening it snugly. Check it in a week or two, and see if it is still tight. Then in a month.

If the engine only shakes a little, when first started, and then runs smooth, that is not a major issue. Old engines in Datsuns do not get the exact fuel to air they need when first started to run good. Modern engines with computers do.

I too agree with just putting the bolt back in, and tightening it snugly. Check it in a week or two, and see if it is still tight. Then in a month.

If the engine only shakes a little, when first started, and then runs smooth, that is not a major issue. Old engines in Datsuns do not get the exact fuel to air they need when first started to run good. Modern engines with computers do.

alritey, thanks! :)