80's Stanza Wagon 4x4

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a silver Maxima 4x4 wagon that keeps popping up on CL out of Oak Harbor every once and a while. Always the same ad, haha.

I wondered about the chances of creating a sleeper that keeps up with WRX's the first time I saw the ad. Could at least be a decent winter beater that got you to work no matter what :rolleyes:

Unless the Maxima 4x4 is custom made, I say they don't exist.

FWD with good snow/winter tires is sufficient for most weather in Washington. AWD 99% of the time is just a waste of fuel

I could be wrong on it being a Maxima, but I do know it was a Nissan, been awhile since it was listed for sale. I was 90% sure until now, lol. I'll make sure to put it in the CL thread in the FS section next time I see it.

And I agree on FWD being all that is needed in most ares of WA. Out in the rural areas I live in though it tends to be quite some time before the roads either get plowed or traveled enough to be clear for just FWD to be enough.

EDIT: It's a Sentra wagon, not Maxima, my bad. The one in the ad looks like this one, but has a sticker that says 4x4 on the lower part of the door.

NISE8790.jpg

• 1 month later...

Anybody know much/anything about these ? Ugly little cars but pretty neat that they offered them in 4x4.

Here's some pics of my 86 beastie. Bought it for $350, put about $100 into it to pass inspection and it made it through the winter. :^)

Shift on the fly 4WD is awesome. Put four snow tires on it and it goes just about anywhere.

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0031.jpg