510 VH45DE swap?

co.dime

id do it almost entirely for the noise :D

tech 8's sound spectacularly awesome-o, induction noise gets me every time

keep smashin at it! i wouldnt try setting finish dates or budgets just yet, you've got a lot ahead of you before either of those start to become accurate

with exhaust i spose depends what room you have in the enginebay, whether you go stock manifolds, block huggers or try fit decent length extractors. probably best to stick with stock manifolds if they fit good (and outlets are in a suitable place), if you've got problems with them then not a lot of choice other than some nice short and tight manifolds. a nice set of extractors will be tricky to make and quite expensive

sidepipes would be cool just so long as it's clean. try hide em as much as you can i reckon theyd look nice. id imagine you'll need to mod the firewall/trans tunnel? making a little more room to the left and right for the exhaust im sure wont be too invasive of your interior space

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is, more power to ya! Either way it goes, at least one less Datsun will be going to the crusher for now. Make it your own, and enjoy the hell out of it.

Just please, if this does go through, learn the cars limits. Don't push it, because you could kill this car pretty easy or worse, yourself.

i will have a video up as soon as its running. i still have the dual mikuni carbs and manifold with the linkage attached and a mikuni service manual. that im going to put up on ebay if nobody on here offers to buy it. i havent posted it on the for sale section yet because im trying to figure out a price for them. but im open to offers and suggestions on what they sell for.

its his car, let him ruin it......

oh so now im going to ruin it? maybe i think it will look good. Hell i might even put a big ass hood scoop and roof scoop on it with a big double stack wing and some street glow lights...with 13" gold spokes.

• Like 1

If your gonna do a side exit you should go for something classy like whats on "Elanor". Im not into hood scoops or side pipes but to each his own. If that shops legit then it should turn out nice, what your doing is 10x better than doing box flairs and a ton of people do those.

If your gonna do a side exit you should go for something classy like whats on "Elanor". Im not into hood scoops or side pipes but to each his own. If that shops legit then it should turn out nice, what your doing is 10x better than doing box flairs and a ton of people do those.

i am putting a set of dynomax sideliner exhaust on it. and im not doing a hood scoop or any of that other stuff. but i may have to put a cowl hood on due to the height of the engine. but they are trying to mount it low enough so the stock hood works. and im going to have to put flares on it but not doing the box flares. im thinking ill do the BRE style with pop rivets. because i want to run 15x10 wheels in the rear and 15-8 or 9 in the front.

fuck.. i'd hesitate to do this in a Z. i hope you aren't going to use the stock drive train in the rear. doing this was on my mind for a long time, i figured that 400 lbs in the front would be bad for suspension. i can almost feel the 80's like American car feel. like a boat :sick:

fuck.. i'd hesitate to do this in a Z. i hope you aren't going to use the stock drive train in the rear. doing this was on my mind for a long time, i figured that 400 lbs in the front would be bad for suspension. i can almost feel the 80's like American car feel. like a boat :sick:

come on now. who would not change out the drive train? i have a 85 300zx rear end and trans that will work on it. and im going to use stiffer springs in the front because of the added weight but it isnt that much weight so i may be ok with the springs that is on it.

Guys, seriously give him some slack. He's an enthusiast. At least he's not a 16 year old kid wanting to swap an SR into his B210.

thanks for the support., all im saying is BOB approved and ask us to bring it finished or not down to PPIR for a car show. and hes got like 13 datsuns. and im doing this swap because some people on here said it cant be done and i got this engine for and wireing harness all accessories for $350 and picked up a trans for $140 and complete rear end from 85 300zx turbo for $200.(with drive shaft) even with all that its a hell of a lot cheaper than a sr20 or any other swap besides a KA. So the shop is going to try to get it in and running by saturday, im going there tomorrow to get more pics, ill post them up when i get time, Im finally got my orders to get out the Army and im clearing this week so im busy as hell if any of you all are ex military.

come on now. who would not change out the drive train? i have a 85 300zx rear end and trans that will work on it. and im going to use stiffer springs in the front because of the added weight but it isnt that much weight so i may be ok with the springs that is on it.

i'd love to see this finished you got my support

Dude, Agent orange, most of your questions have already been answered. Read the entire thread before you go off on a dude. Your points about other cars make no sense, he's having a shop do it and they are mid way through it, you want him to stop and change rigs? I think he is being really optimistic with his time and money estimates but if thats what the shop tells him then thats their deal.

He's not specific on anything but he does say they are gonna reenforce the car, he also says he talked to bob as in bob3 on here and that guy knows it all so I think he counts as a "respected professional". Its pretty obvious from the thread that its a swap to be different not a race swap so comparing timed runs isnt really nessessary. The cars gonna be front heavy so its not gonna handle great but he has put some thought into that and he's putting in heavier front springs to help. He doesnt need a rollcage, Id run one but its not a must have. Just cause a guy doesnt break down every detail on a build thread doesnt mean you should assume none of it has been thought of.

I understand dogging on the swap beforehand but once a guys committed I just wish the guy the best. I am a bit skeptical but I hope it all works out.

mr orange, you sound like a bit of a forum warrior :D

vague points, sweeping generalisations, assuming the worst of another forum member, making points that have already been made, suggesting ideas that have already been discounted, ignoring the main reason people do what they do (PREFERENCE! the one thing you cant logically argue) and itd appear you're doing your best to not see things from mr codime's perspective too

i see what you're getting at, but we've been past this already. you dont really need to go through it again :)

He's not specific on anything but he does say they are gonna reenforce the car, he also says he talked to bob as in bob3 on here and that guy knows it all so I think he counts as a "respected professional". Its pretty obvious from the thread that its a swap to be different not a race swap so comparing timed runs isnt really nessessary. The cars gonna be front heavy so its not gonna handle great but he has put some thought into that and he's putting in heavier front springs to help. He doesnt need a rollcage, Id run one but its not a must have. Just cause a guy doesnt break down every detail on a build thread doesnt mean you should assume none of it has been thought of.

I understand dogging on the swap beforehand but once a guys committed I just wish the guy the best. I am a bit skeptical but I hope it all works out.

i also talk 2 ermish racing and he is going to up the spring rate on the coil over kit im going to order from him. and this is the first swap i have done. but not the 1st for the shop its @. And i kinda know what im doing and talking about i paid alot of money to learn that shit (UTI in orland florida) we built the mustang for the UTI challenge http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f/9320735%2Bw750%2Bst0/m5lp_0803_25_z%2BUTI_Q_challenge%2B1988_mustang_GT.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0803_uti_q_challenge/photo_29.html&usg=__jLIj6G24dDmWj5oyGwiQpTgURww=&h=480&w=640&sz=34&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&tbnid=Q4kaZz8ZjIbrcM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&ei=AutVTvzHBKyfsQLq5OW9DA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DUTI%2Bmustang%2Bchallenge%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1R2ADRA_enUS421%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1 it many not have been a datsun but it was deff a engine swap...ha ha..and yes its a budge buid...the most expensive part other than buing the car was the one part i ordered from mazworx and that was the adaptor for the trans. most items have came off craigslist for under $300 or free. the engine is already in and we are working on the steering now. hope to have it driveable in the next 2 weeks. ill try to have pics up next few days. ( im not saying i know everything but i know some stuff and would have done this swap myself, but i have 2 fu*ked up shoulders and back..thanks US Army.) Im looking for a 510 Wagon for my next project but that will be this winter...