Don't laugh

I've had enough of my baja bug, its not a bad car just tired of having a car that stands out so much in a crowd. So I've been offered a straight across trade for a 91 1.6L miata, nothing wrong with it besides that it needs paint and a top. I figured with the roadster already might as well add another convertible to the mix.

I'll get some OIC's of the miata tomorrow.

I remember seeing them new on the car lot when I was little and wanted one, so might as well right?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my plan was to drive it as is for a while, then maybe an LSx swap. lol

LS swap just would ruin the balance of the car. Take that LS money, and do the suspension. Flywheel/clutch. And whatever else you see fit.

A former employer of mine races Spec Miata Cup. Miatas have a quicker lap time around Portland International Raceway than Camaros, Corvettes, Vipers, Mustangs, and almost anything else you wanna throw at them.

do it!! miatas are fun little cars and who cares what anyne says there not driving it anyways, and as for the swap go for a 1.8 block with 1.6 head and turbo that sucker nothin around will keep up with you once you catch traction!! and those autokonexion fast backs are sweet! heres how i had my old miata setup.

jadfljf.jpg

121607_1630.jpg

ljgkfdl.jpg

l_b0ba03f43d87d12e7c8fb23b9cac9d6a.jpg

then came the sad day when i wrecked it. :(

1202081139.jpg

1202081139b.jpg

then shortly after the motor blew

A guy I work with has a built '66 Mustang Fastback, '10 GTI, and his previous car was a very modified C5 Vette. But he will tell you all day long that the best car he's had was his first gen Miata with suspension and good tires. I too have toyed with the idea of a Miata as a driver and occasional track car. And you can't help but smile when those little things are running circles around much more "prestigious" cars on the track.

The Miata is by far the best handling car I've driven thus far. I'm attempting to make the 510 handle as well, but it's definitely a challenge.

Either way, a Miata for a Baja bug is an epic win. Reliability, handling, probably even mileage. There is no downside other than not being able to launch off sand dunes. This is my old Miata:

miabeautyyard.jpg

miata FTW!!!

just dont drive it when there's any light out or without something to cover your face...

jk, those are some of the best bang-for-the-buck track cars out there!

if you can find a hard top, it will go a million times in a better direction looks wise...

at the very least, some high-neg. offset wheels (13" or 14" even better) will loook sweeeet!

miata.jpg

although.....

mazdamiata.jpg

but, oh yeah!

jdmmiata.jpg

Got the car, I'll get OIC's up later. I ended up just outright buying it instead of trading the VW for it.

Bout hit a central air unit that flew off a trailer going 75mph in it too, fortunately the thing handles really well! :blink:

Body is rough, but already thinking widebody.