1969 Datsun 510 4-door auto WTS $900.00 obo

hey all i have a completely original 1969 4 door automatic 510 located in Helena, Montana, it runs and drives, has its original blue paint and an original 42000 miles on it. It has a bit of rust and a couple of vary small dents but all and all its a great little car and i thought it deserved being rescued from the crusher. call 406-594-3325 or email me at pdub1964@gmail.com for more info or pics. thanks.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all i have a completly original 1970 4 door 510 located in montana, it runs and drives, has its original blue paint and an orginal 48000 miles on it. It has a bit of rust and a couple of vary small dents but all and all its a great little car and i thought it deserved being rescued from the crusher. call 406-594-3325 or email me at pdub1964@gmail.com for more info or pics. thanks.

Sellers are strongly encouraged to include good quality pictures of the item for sale,

• Like 1

well when i got it it wasn't running cause the previous owner timed it wrong, had no brakes all the hoses in the engine compartment were rotted and the rubber fuel filler hose was rotted out too. but i fixed her up, ill get pics up this weekend

I'd help you post those pics (since you sent them to me), but photo sharing sites are blocked at work. If you don't want to sign up for a site, I use tinypic.com a lot. Just upload your picture and copy/paste the link into a post here.

Once he gets the pictures up, I'll let them speak for themselves, but I will say it appears to be a '69 titled as a '70. It has a '69 dash and marker lights. It even has the D_A_T_S_U_N emblem between the rear lights (which I THOUGHT was only on 68s??)

Only the '69s had the round red rear marker lights. The '68 didn't have them and the '70s were rectangular.

It even has the D_A_T_S_U_N emblem between the rear lights (which I THOUGHT was only on 68s??)

The '69s also had a DATSUN emblem between the tail lights. The 510 badge was moved from between the license plate and the right rear tail light to below the right tail light. Speaking of tail lights, the '68 did not have the two horizontal chrome 'stripes' on the tail lights but the '69 and on did. The heater controls were changed to vertical and the wipers were changed so they both swing in the same direction and the ignition switch that was on the left side of the dash was moved onto the steering column. The license plate and light was removed from the rear bumper and moved up between the tail lights and there are now lamps on both sides.

Speaking of tail lights, the '68 did not have the two horizontal chrome 'stripes' on the tail lights but the '69 and on did.

Actually, if we are getting technical, the 68 tail lights are completely different (what you said plus smaller) and would not fit any other years.

There was talk on the BB list about a few 70's that had 69 bits on them from the factory still. They were using up stock I guess?

I love this. It should be in a ratsun garage already!

• 1 month later...

Only the '69s had the round red rear marker lights. The '68 didn't have them and the '70s were rectangular.

The '69s also had a DATSUN emblem between the tail lights. The 510 badge was moved from between the license plate and the right rear tail light to below the right tail light. Speaking of tail lights, the '68 did not have the two horizontal chrome 'stripes' on the tail lights but the '69 and on did. The heater controls were changed to vertical and the wipers were changed so they both swing in the same direction and the ignition switch that was on the left side of the dash was moved onto the steering column. The license plate and light was removed from the rear bumper and moved up between the tail lights and there are now lamps on both sides.

DatzenMike,, even this is a 70 or a 69, how much is a 4 door like this worth? Seems like with all the shells out there going for $1,200 this is a steal?

Hay Zeus all to the mighty!! Somebody rope-a-dope this thing already! You can always bolt/weld a make-shift trailer hitch to a rental (for a tow vehicle).... And since Montana is the 4th largest state it should be close to EVERYWHERE!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.