My 210 Hopping Like a Rabbit when I do Burnouts!! Arrgh!

I dont want to hear people saying "Stop burning out and maybe it wont happen". cause that deffinately aint gonna happen :D.

Stock Open Diff Rear End, Stock Springs, Gabriel Shocks which they Suck(bought them cause they were the next thing to OEM replacement)

So here it goes. I have it at 5000 RPM's, and Kaboom!! I left of the clutch and when both Tires spin, car just Hops and Hops in the rear.

How can I Stop That!?!? :angry: Suggestions please... :D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called axle-wrap. Happens in solid axle cars. Does your solid axle have leaf springs or coil springs? One problem is shot shocks. The other is suspension design.

Also, which vehicle is doing this? And it's "basis" not bases in your sig.

:thumbup: 1980 Datsun 210.

Yup 4 link Rear End.

Has new Gabriel Shocks

Stock Shitty Springs

Stock Open Diff Rear.

What more u want? :huh:

datzenmike: I've been trying to kill this motor and Honestly this thing just doesnt wanna Die Yet!!, I change gears at 6000RPM's. And from 1st to 2nd gear car goes side ways a bit, Hell Yeah I love It :thumbup:

And it has been doing it ever since I've started doing Burnouts, so Like 2 years ago ^_^ Spring is coming up so I want this thing to be ready for some more Burnout Competitions and Old SKool Import Car Shows for this summer.

Already Started making the Turbo Manifold, OH YEAH TURBO A15!!! :hyper:

:thumbup:

datzenmike: I've been trying to kill this motor and Honestly this thing just doesnt wanna Die Yet!!, I change gears at 6000RPM's. And from 1st to 2nd gear car goes side ways a bit, Hell Yeah I love It :thumbup:

And it has been doing it ever since I've started doing Burnouts, so Like 2 years ago ^_^ Spring is coming up so I want this thing to be ready for some more Burnout Competitions and Old SKool Import Car Shows for this summer.

A smoking tire is like a fuse or a weak link. It takes the abuse and takes the pressure off all the other parts. That wheel hop will severely load ALL spinning parts including the driveshaft and U joints.