My Local Wheel Shop!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my question is, do they have any old school JDM wheels? Because if so, I am going to have to visit this week. Thanks for the heads up on this place. :thumbup:

Yeah they have a couple, but not sure if they have full sets.

A lot of Enkeis, some BBS, Think i seen a couple of Hayashis and one Techno R, you have to kinda look through everything.''

Be sure to mention me (George) when you call or visit! They'll give you a better price, and ask/talk to Tommy

Thank you sir..calling tomorrow.

Did you get a chance to give them a call?

If you want to buy them i can snag them for you can you can pick them up when you have a chance.

One thing i noticed though is the centerbore looks pretty small... if you do end up buying them i can get it machined to 3" for really cheap if it doesn't clear.

COOL ! ! ! ! Thank You for telling Me about this shop ! ! ! ! There is a similar shop in Phoenix, east of the airport on Washington. I love going there ! But, as often as I get into Southern California, I WILL definately stop by one day ! The shop in Phoenix does trades. I have stuff that I have scrounged, would this guy consider trades? My excess rims were purchased to basically just keep them from going to the smelter. I don't have matching front to rear sets, etc. This guy looks like He would appreciate what I have. It would be cool if He would do some trades to build the few remaining full sets I need. I also need a nice pair for the Datsun boat trailer. Maybe He has exactly "period correct" 1974 rims that would look cool!

Anyway, could You ask Him about trades? I would hate to load up the Xterra and drive 300+ miles to be told no. Do You need an apointment or just stop by? Maybe I could hookup with You and You could introduce Me. Thanks again!! :D

I highly doubt they will do trades, they are actually trying to clear out the majority of their stock.

They started as a tuning/fabrication shop but their father started collecting random stuff and a ton of wheels so that kind of took over.

They want to go back to their roots and start working on cars and their own projects but the wheels take up 90% of the shop.

You can just stop by, they're really cool people and if you do want to meet up with me and we can head there just give me a day. They're open Mon-Fri 9-5 Saturday untill 4PM closed Sundays.

Tommy is the son of the owner.

Andy is the Old Timer and close friend of Tommy's father.

Matt is Tommy's good friend and shop hand.

and the owner Tom is currently in the Hospital...

Shop is fairly small but PACKED with stuff...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3321+W+5th+St,+Santa+Ana,+CA&layer=c&sll=33.749021,-117.914073&cbp=13,15.32,,0,6.26&cbll=33.748876,-117.914012&hl=en&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3321+W+5th+St,+Santa+Ana,+Orange,+California+92703&ll=33.748967,-117.914012&spn=0.001644,0.003484&z=19&panoid=02skpRCg8JYwY1wQbmJsvQ

That blue thing on the right of the drive way is a 620.. and they have a 521 tucked away inside of the driveway.

• 2 months later...

Well, We all went there on Monday and it was AWESOME!!! I bought a set of rims for Lil' Stomper and more center caps. No pics just yet but this time I planned ahead and wore "grubbys" to sift through the endless boxs of center caps!!! You cann't wear anything white in this place and be sure to take some GLOVES!!! HAPPY HUNTING!! :D

IT WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS IN APRIL ! ! ! ! !

What treasure will I find next ? ! ? ! ?

I hope to someday take a few hours there and see exactly what 6 lug rims They have. I purchased a set of 4 unlike any I have ever seen. 8 1/2" by 15" DIRECTONAL Western bullets. I already own a set of the typiclal common bullets and have seen many over the years, but NEVER have I seen directionals. So, I had to have 'em!!!! Pics to come later.

I also scored a set of 4 Western Wheel 3 prong spinner knockoffs!!! I could not believe as I kept pulling them from the box one by one!!! They are plastic and I will glue them (after being re sprayed chrome) onto Western center caps. For an idea of what that will look like, please see My center cap thread.

Also found was a genuine Carroll Shelby center cap as well as one more original Permacast cap!!! SCORE!!!! :D