tire strechting

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol there's at least one of these threads on every forum on the internet (even ones for kittens, or others which have nothing to do with cars I believe)

here are some things I've noticed about it:

-there is no PROVEN performance advantage to stretched tires

-people stretch tires to fit wheels that "aren't supposed to fit"

-it looks damn good

-creates wonderful topics like this on the net

it's just a personal preference thing, love it or hate it, it's here.

• Like 1

I could care less about Hellaflush, i have stretched tires on my truck, not excessive just enough to clear.. hardly noticeable too. (I'm the guy with the Dark Blue 620 with the lip/tonnue at the OC Meet)

I did it for a reason, not to be cool.

ok but heres my queation, y put a rim on that doesnt fit? y not get one that does and run the tires as they shood be? i know ppl like the look of a lip on the wheel but if it dont fit then it dont fit, i see some really stretched stuff out there and can only figure that it cant be good on the rubber. woodnt it be prone to looseing a bead also?

Yes, it could loose the bead

Costco/les schwab n shit like that won't do it for that reason. it creates a liability and safety risk. (or at least they aren't supposed to)

why should you ask a question like this? Why can't people have their cars custom to what they like, or thinks look good? roofls..

The lock, in before it!

The wheels i like aren't available new anymore you have to make do with what you have.

We should start a thread on why people like putting everything in the exterior isle of Autozone on their car next.

im not bashing anyone in particular. i build cars for a living and i see this kinda stuff and wonder why do it? i get it if ur wheels arent available anymore and u really want to run em. but wat i dont get is ppl that do this

DSC_0476.jpg

it just seems liek a good way to curb rash the lip off ur wheels. the entire edge lip is outside the tire. this is intentional in buying tires that are to narrow for rims that are too wide and forcing them onto the beads for a look? taking chances with tires for a look? thats wat i dont get... ppl relize that those are wat keep them on the road and not spun and on the lid right

2 Quick Things:

First things first, IBTL. Now thats done, fix your spelling before you go ranting about a "dumb" trend

Second thing, the only real advantage I've seen to stretched tires (not tooo extreme) is that A.)Looks good. B.)Simply because the tires are smaller, your not taking into account that smaller tires are cheaper, and when you drift, you go through a shit ton of tires, and that costs alot of money, we aren't all tanner fousts sponsored in the world of drift, so smaller tires are cheaper, and hell, if the look better, why in the sam hell not?

/Rant

it's not unsafe unless you're doing some sort of a stupid stretch with a short sidewall.

I've been DAILYING my car with 205's on my 10 wide wheels. there are guys who drift their cars with stretch like that.

I personally like the look, it's different compared to what I'm used to (255's on 8's and shit).

also, a good way not to get curb rash is to... uhh... not hit a curb :B

• Like 1

and i posed the question because i havent payed any attention to the import scene for years cause i owned a big truck, i was always concerned with how big a tire i could get on a narrower rim so it had sidewall buldged but never anything excessive a rim thats 12 wide with a tire thats 19 wide, rim is a 15 and tire is a 40. theres room for that to gradually stretch/buldge to fit

Well I've had a shitty day and I'm listening to ICP "Fuck the world" right now, which I rarely do as I've grown out of that kind of music, but in the spirit of things, I'll say one more time:

FUCK STRETCHED HELLAFLUSH TIRES!!

:D And that's how I really feel.

so u were saying about my spelling? lol

"So, you were saying about my spelling? Laughing out loud"

My spelling is fine, however my word choice seems to be off, damn this second language known as "English"

Well I've had a shitty day and I'm listening to ICP "Fuck the world" right now, which I rarely do as I've grown out of that kind of music, but in the spirit of things, I'll say one more time:

FUCK STRETCHED HELLAFLUSH TIRES!!

:D And that's how I really feel.

well aren't you just so special

2 Quick Things:

First things first, IBTL. Now thats done, fix your spelling before you go ranting about a "dumb" trend

Second thing, the only real advantage I've seen to stretched tires (not tooo extreme) is that A.)Looks good. B.)Simply because the tires are smaller, your not taking into account that smaller tires are cheaper, and when you drift, you go through a shit ton of tires, and that costs alot of money, we aren't all tanner fousts sponsored in the world of drift, so smaller tires are cheaper, and hell, if the look better, why in the sam hell not?

/Rant

ok so i get that tires are cheaper and u mentioned drifting, so on a drift car i get it, wat about all the jdm tite yo kiddos that are running it.

why do guys lift their f350's and put 56" michelins on them?

why do people put wings on the back of fwd cars?

its individuality, do what you want to your own ride, who gives a shit about everyone else.

in before the mutha f@ckin lock....