Chet's 620 project Cuz Turbo

chester

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So yesterday I went and got my W58 peanut head from the shop, They shaved it .005 and did a valve job. So that was a the plan, to put the head on my L16 with the came that was already on the motor and put my fresh rebuilt weber on. so in the middle of doing it the rain came and since I dont have a place to work on it yet had to do it in the rain. then finally getting everything together at the end and went to switch the linkages with the two carbs. The carb that I rebuilt the nut on it for the linkage is all stripped out so I am using Wide14u's. which he doesnt mind. And a big thanks goes out to him for giving me a hand. I could just be crazy but it seems like a big difference with the motor now that is has the closed chamber head then the U67 that was on it. So now I am running a L16 bored .75mm over with a W58 peanut head, a unknown cam, 32/36 weber, and 2 1/4 inch exhaust to a spin tech muffler. seems like a fairly nice set up pretty quick for a L16 I think. and sorry for no oics have way through I remember i should have taken some but said screw it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been awhile. So, since the last time i have put my peanut head on, then had problems with the clutch on the way to Candy. Then two weeks after Canby the clutch broke in to the inner was one piece and the outer was another. Beside that it had been running good till a week ago when I was going to head up to baker to pick up a L20 and deliver some parts. I filled up where I normally do same gas and everything, hopped on the freeway and got about a half mile and the truck started acting like it was running out of gas. So far I have changed cap, rotor, dist, and plugs and no change. I also went through the carb seeing if there was any crap in it and there wasnt. I forgot I replaced the fuel filter too. and since i had planned to put the L20 block in and the time off work. Now the L20 is in and still have the same problems so tomorrow I am going to blow out the lines and maybe put another carb I have. Oh I also bought some wheels for it last week here they are, not bad for 40 bucks This is the clutch problem I had062611174632.jpg And here are the Wheels 071611172227.jpg

yeah it kind of runs. I do have to say that even though it runs like shit and cant go that far when it is running for that block or so its a hella of a lot quicker then the L16. So farmer you down to help the rest of the way tomorrow and get it so I can drive it to work?

So today. Looked at the Carb a little more to see what's up with it. Didn't have any luck so I slapped a Hitachi on and since te only good studs I had were off the setup with the red inch riser from a 80 720. S now with the air. Cleaner on it wont fit under the Hood. So till I. Can get new studs, get to run with no Hood yay. Or I could cut a hole in my extra Hood he is a oic. 072411175738.jpg