Kyusha Kai's '71 510 waGoon

KyushaKai

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SICK!!!! Leo's a pretty good guy to work with? I've been drooling over his stuff for years, but I'm always hesitant to buy overseas. Pau. Sick! Make sure you guard those puppies close. Cleptos and chronics on patrol cuz. Hahahaha. Send the Dog after um.

Get um mounted auready. I like see!!!!! What size tire you going run? Brah! Between you and Jun, I'm all sorts of ichy for some 8jj.

Shootz braddah,

Brian

Those WHEELS!!!! :wub:

Rears will clear no prob, after you pound out the arches a lil :lol:

Curious about the fronts. You're going to need some serious hippari to clear, I'd think. Nothing a fat pipe and hammer won't fix though!

I think you'd be in love with the guy's I cruise with. Cressidas running 14 x 10 -40+. Corollas running 14 x 8 -20. Crazy stuff like that. Guys on Hybrid Z would say 8" wide with 0 offset was the lowest offset/widest they've seen. I'm still not satisfied with the 15 x 8 -14's Longchamps and have been trying to convince my friend to sell me his 15 x 9 -20something 'Champs to run in the rear.

SICK!!!! Leo's a pretty good guy to work with? I've been drooling over his stuff for years, but I'm always hesitant to buy overseas. Pau. Sick! Make sure you guard those puppies close. Cleptos and chronics on patrol cuz. Hahahaha. Send the Dog after um.

Get um mounted auready. I like see!!!!! What size tire you going run? Brah! Between you and Jun, I'm all sorts of ichy for some 8jj.

Shootz braddah,

Brian

Just like you, I'm hesitant to buy overseas. Except for Ebay when the seller has 10k+ sales with a 99% feedback, but Leo has a great rep on Club4ag, his blog and everywhere he posts. And trust me. This wagon will be PROTECTED from the chronics. I'm talking removable steering wheel with the locking hub, alarm, at least 2 different locking lug nuts, etc.

As far as tires, I'm looking for a nice compromise between stretch, grip and ride height so I'm eyeing a set of 185/60/14's and kind of seeing where I want to go from there. Dunlop Direzza Star Specs look really nice, although paying $100/tire just to see how the car will be sitting is a little extreme. I'm thinking of cheaping out on the first set of rubber until I know what sizes will really work.

Excuse the bad picture but I'm a little tipsy (REALLY DRUNK... It's 4:10am in Hawaii and I just got home from my friends bar). This was waiting for me in the mailbox. One of four 510 repair guides that I got off of Amazon, 2" custom drop blocks (Thanks Just Joel!), and a 360mm wooden Nardi wheel.

5378025044_5c332bd2c0_z.jpg

More and more of us everytime i log in! We taking over cuz.

I wrapped my 7" wide's with Federal 595 185/55's. No stretch. Should look pretty good on 14x8's. I paid about $200 for the set shipped.

-B

Can't wait to see the turn out on this car. Kyushakkai if you need parts I can maybe bring some repair parts over if needed as I may be coming to hawaii soon

Thanks for the offer, but the parts I want probably wouldn't fit into your bag... New trans... A bumper... Haha. If you do make it out here, let me know. We can go grab a plate lunch or something.

More and more of us everytime i log in! We taking over cuz.

I wrapped my 7" wide's with Federal 595 185/55's. No stretch. Should look pretty good on 14x8's. I paid about $200 for the set shipped.

-B

Where'd you buy those from? Shipping is killer everywhere I look.

Yea. Shipping. Lucky u live hawaii huh? FYF! I got mines from onlinetires.com. They were the cheapest that I found for the size. They even have Toyo 195/45/14! Expensive tho.

-B

WARNING: everywhere I have called says the Toyo 195/45/14 tires are backordered for weeks or months...... :(

and the Federal 185/55/14 tires were my second choice..... but no one can give me a definate time when they will be availible ...... :(

Federal's http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=froogle&details=Ordern&typ=R-125115&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

Toyo's http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=82002457.135.9782&Cookie=froogle&typ=R-119065&ranzahl=4&Breite=195&Quer=45&Felge=14&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135&sowigan=So

Good stock on both of those it would appear...

Test fitting my buddies Basset Wheels steelies in the rear. 14x8 -12.

Do you happen to have a side shot of the Basset steelies you test fitted? I've been thinking of some for my Hilux project.

Can't wait to see what you do with the Works on the Goon :D

Thanks for the offer, but the parts I want probably wouldn't fit into your bag... New trans... A bumper... Haha. If you do make it out here, let me know. We can go grab a plate lunch or something.

haha ok got it but when I come I will message you ahead just in case but for sure plate lunch always is good

Do you happen to have a side shot of the Basset steelies you test fitted? I've been thinking of some for my Hilux project.

Can't wait to see what you do with the Works on the Goon :D

Sorry braddah, I didn't even think to snap a profile shot with those wheels.

http://www.bassettwheel.com/dhole_asphalt.html

Those are the ones he has. Pretty slick wheel for the price. The only thing is call ahead to see if they have the size you want in stock. He ended up waiting I think almost a month for them to restock the barrels.

• 2 weeks later...

no more pau hana time. Did you get those wheels on yet?

Haha, not yet. Gonna pull the trigger on the T3 front coilover kit soon, so I want to get all those in before I mount up the wheels. Also I got a Momo hub, but didn't realize it was a different size from the Nardi... an adapter kit is in the mail and hopefully will be here by Monday.

• 3 months later...

I just came back from a vacation in Maui for a week...all I can say is, negative offset is an understatement in Hawaii. Lowered or lifted, it doesn't matter, those wheels are sticking way out. How some of those cars and trucks turn is beyond me! Looks good though!