engine swap questions

babi boi

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If You Really Want To Do This You Will Need To Be A Skilled Welder (That Means TIG) :rofl:

Draft EVERYTHING Before You Even Begin To Cut Metal Up And Tack It Together

And Have A Steady Amount Of Cash To Finish.

I personally am not the greatest. but I do know some pretty good welders. lol

• 3 months later...

honestly i would get a 4.3 a 700r4 trans ford 8.8 rear end u could use the extra room from not having the other 2 cylinders to i dunno mount a radiator? plus u can hop the little 4.3's up and in the datsun it would scat..that being said i dont know which i would rather do rebuild the entire car or wire in a efi engine they both dont sound fun just make sure whatever you do it is welded good or youll be like the three stooges riding down the road hit a big bump and find out it was the engine u just ran over good luck

alright everyone leave the guy alone, have we all forgotten a man named Carol Shelby... Big american v8 in a small european car. I dont see how this is any different. Yeah its not my cup of tea but hell if he wants to do it then I say go for it.

You're exactly right. Just like the Cobra he'll have an understeering pig that will be really fast in a straight line and borderline unsafe to drive. :P

If You Really Want To Do This You Will Need To Be A Skilled Welder (That Means TIG)

Zombie thread or not. I've been meaning to address this for a while. 70 series TIG wire and 70 series MIG wire produce the same strength weld when done properly. As do 70 series rods for that matter. MIG is fastest. TIG is prettiest. Alot of people are more familiar with stick. If you do things properly and use quality wire on a good machine, welds are welds. Just know what you're doing or find someone who does. I've seen some welds on this site that are outright frightening and some quality work.