$40.00 L16

This engine is finally disassembled. $10.00 + shipping for the main bearing end caps. $15.00 local pick up for the crankshaft. Block has been $crapped. All part are located in Vancouver, WA I'll consider delivery if it's close, and you wanna pay for the gas. If your interested in any of these parts. Send me a PM with your phone number.

So, I bought this motor from some guy in Oregon City. When I went to pick it up he told me, "It ran when we pulled it. Should be fine to just drop it in"

P1130180.jpg

Well I went with my gut, and just used the A87 head that was on it. I put this L16 on the back burner until I tore into it for timing parts in a pinch.

This is what I found out. Oversized timing cover bolt that I had to shear off to remove the cover.

P1130184.jpg

Sheared off Timing chain oiler

P1130185.jpg

I don't really have the time or money to put in to this project. So it's going away too. I noticed that it has different pistons than my L16 too. I figure they're probably good for building compression. I have no desire to build a high compression motor. Location Vancouver, WA 98683.

P1130181.jpg

P1130182.jpg

picture001.jpg

picture002.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I found out. Oversized timing cover bolt that I had to shear off to remove the cover.

P1130184.jpg

Sheared off Timing chain oiler

P1130185.jpg

That's the 12 mm timing cover bolt and they can easily rust and seize into the block. It's not unheard of to snap them. The oil peg can snap off because they are hollow. A noob dropping the tensioner and trying to fix could cause this. Turn a small bolt in and pry out a new one just taps into place. Some L motors don't even run them as enough oil comes down from the valve cover and the tensioner.

Measure the bore. Those pistons aren't stock I think. Could be forged?

they almost look like a L18 pistons. like a 4cc dish.

Ok Im going to guess that its a stock L18 piston since it dont have a oversize on it. So it should measure 85mm across.So the block was bored 2mm over since stock L16s are 83mm

I think its a nissan part as the motorsport book shows pistons with valve reliefs.

Since its used I wouldnt think it was a winning jack pot$$$$But I would keep them

if you have 94 octane I might run them in a L20

L16s were 7cc dished.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

thats a good block.

Thats minor what needs to be done.

pistons are fine but most likely cast which is FINE also.

soembody pick it up and get the bolt and oiler out and they will be fine.

Im sure it ran when pulled.be honest the l16/18s ast longer than the taller blocks as they are now cracking

I'm sure it's a good motor. I just dont have time to mess with it. I also have two other builders sitting in my garage, and I have no interest in those pistons. I hope someone comes to get it so I don't have to scrap it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.