i hate walmart auto center.

I was literally going to knock out the manager. I walked in and told them i needed the 4 tires in my back seat mounted told them the size and told the service writer that the wheels on my car are aftermarket and an inch bigger than the stock 14s but i told him i did my research and the rolling diameter is 1.11% different than the stock diameter. He tells me no problem an they can get my car in the bay within an hour. Sweet, i walk 3 miles through the walmart super center to the subway grab an early lunch and walk back. After sitting there for another 45 min reading a popular mechanics magazine (1 hr 30min later) the manager is asking around to see who owns the honda accord. I speak up and he tells me that they can't mount the tires because my wheels are an inch bigger than stock. They're a god damn tire shop, why can't they mount fucking tires. He tells me that the rolling diameter is way off and my speedometer is going to be at least 5 to 10 mph off. Oubviously he's full of shit so i call him out by looking up rolli.g diameters on my phone then explain to him that the difference between a bald tire and a new tire is about the same as the difference these tires are. Now embarrassed he get pisses and goes out to the shop to hunt down the tech that wrote me up. Of course he he completly changes his story in front of the manager and i go squeeling out of their tire bay. Now i sit at discount tire (which isn't that much better but at least they are mounting my tires) with a 2 hour wait.

I just really don't understand some people and the businesses they work for.

This all comes at a time when colorado gets hit with a massive blizzard after a damn near tropical beginning of the winter so just like everyone else i waited last minute to get my snow tires mounted.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why? cause everyone wants everything for cheap and they make people work for next to nothing so people can get crap for cheap but when somethings expensive they complain about it? just my .02 cause i like crap for cheap

i like crap for cheap too, i just like it when the money i spend stays in this country.

Exactly why i go to mom and pop shops.They'll get you exactly what you want for cheap and name brand!

The place i go to can replace all four tires in like 10 minutes. Balanced and all.

Only thing Wal-Mart is good for is cheap oil.

Everything From Wal-mart Is Made In China

yes but what isnt???????????

Wal-mart Kills Small Businesses

yeah this is true but what happens if you eliminate wal mart? buisnesses are still gonna go out of buisness? the only diffrence is that their backed by millions of dollars so they are in a sense protected from financial downfall

• Like 1

skunk Those numbers are a rough guess but think about how many stores there are add in costs to run said stores on us soil (water, electricity, personnel other bs) at least 80 plus percent is staying here (30 of that is going in the ceos pocket) 20 is going overseas

Im almost positive this is going to end up locked so itbl

• Like 1

Fuck Wal-Mart, but honestly, you need to stick to one tire shop and establish a good relationship with them. Or mount the tires yourself. I lucked out on a tire balancer from a friend, just need to get a mounter, which are much cheaper used generally.

For right now, I use Sears because the manager is a buddy of mine and my renter works there. Plus I used to work at that one way back in the day. So I can go in and tell B I want an alignment on the race car and I need to sit in it for proper ballast, and that's not a problem. But it's like I said, A GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP, because otherwise you're just dealing with morons. Same reason I always take tires and wheels in separately. Don't want assmonkeys breaking off my wheel studs.

i had the same problem at walmart it took the 4hrs to mount my tires. then the ahole manager saw that i was mounting some 235/55/17's and said no they can't send it out like that, and made the employee put the 235/75/17 back on. what got me was my fronier came stock with 185/75/15,s on it and the tire i was mounting would have put me closer to the stock size i was pissed I havent been back to walmart since.