Ladies and Ratsun-men...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bout time motha fucka :lol:

You're telling me. I've been peeping this one on the back burner. It was a CL ad from Wenatchee, WA. Guy says he needed it gone by the 31st. $500/OBO. My Grandpa and I drove out the 130 miles to look at it. Talked the guy into telling me every nit-pickity issue it had. I knew it was gonna have issues. 40 year-old truck. Walked around it for 15 minutes, w/o saying a word...walked up to him..."Will you take $350?" "If ya'll can give me a ride 20 miles north, it's yours." Grandpa pipes in "Get in the truck." SOLD!

Drove it the 130 miles back to my house. No speedo. Grandpa said his cruise control was set at 55-60. I kept jumping up and getting next to him, just to fall back in behind him. That L16 was screaming!!!

Now if I only had a 5th gear.

All I can say, is this.. :D

Funny...that's what I've been saying for the last 3 hours.

I've been talking about getting this truck for the last 2 weeks or so. Push came to shove, and cards fell perfectly into place for this to end in my possession.

I will be driving it to work tomorrow. Shaking down the front end. Bleed and adjust all the brakes. Plugs, cap, rotor, points, wires. Remove the helper spring thats on the leaf pack. Hell, I might even just flip the leafs, and crank down the torsion bars.

I've got a set of 15x7 steelies at work-if I can find some decently priced rubbers for them, I'll be ridin a little more dirty than now.

There are a few electrical connectors that are disconnected in the engine bay. See if I can figure those out. But most importantly, more pics.

All in all-piss stoked!

Nother 521 on Ratsun :w00t:

and wow your brave, my grandparents live near Wenatchee and I would never dream of drivin my 521 over there let alone this time of year.

I live in Benton City. I drove back from Wenatchee, in the dark. So sketch getting out of that valley, up those hills, engine screaming. Me clueless as to my speed. Or if this truck would even make it. She's a trooper!!! Very impressed. Best $350 whip ever. At least for me. And I've had some shady cars. No fear though. Or I'm just really that stupid. Ed?

As for Wenatchee. Fuckin beautiful. I want to move there. I was just so awe-struck being in that town. Reminded me of Salt Lake. I envy your grandparents.

so is your sister married to joey or did she buy his old 521

She bought his truck. Ed and I have been telling her to get on here. She's registered, but doesn't participate. Doesn't care to learn anything about her classic whip. She has had nothing but issues ever since she got it. She had to have it towed the other day, for an unknown reason. Ed's been over there to help her a time or two. Girls.

Nice truck, I think it found a good home, DD is the best way to keep them moving. wayno

It did find a good home. My grandpa(in-law) used to own a 71 521, same color. When he found out I liked Datsun's, his bug came back to him. He's been looking for one ever since. When I showed him the CL ad, salivating. He volunteered to drive right away. Now it being in good hands? I love my Nissans, and he is a Corvette collector/restorer. Good things, good things.

Now as a daily? For the time being. But between Grandpa and I, we got some plans.... :devil:

I'll collect me some parts-and maybe around summer time, facelift.

That's nothing for an L16 (or J13 for that matter) they can take way more than that, it just sounds like it's coming through the floor.

Noise was coming in, and out, of everywhere. When I open the vent window, quiet. When i close it, you can hear the other window wanting to open. I thought it was rather funny.

I live in Benton City. I drove back from Wenatchee, in the dark. So sketch getting out of that valley, up those hills, engine screaming. Me clueless as to my speed. Or if this truck would even make it. She's a trooper!!! Very impressed. Best $350 whip ever. At least for me. And I've had some shady cars. No fear though. Or I'm just really that stupid. Ed?

As for Wenatchee. Fuckin beautiful. I want to move there. I was just so awe-struck being in that town. Reminded me of Salt Lake. I envy your grandparents

She bought his truck. Ed and I have been telling her to get on here. She's registered, but doesn't participate. Doesn't care to learn anything about her classic whip. She has had nothing but issues ever since she got it. She had to have it towed the other day, for an unknown reason. Ed's been over there to help her a time or two. Girls.

does it still have the lz 22 in it