2155 lbs

Datsfrodo

weight510.jpg

I have a ka, mckinney mounts, z32 seats, radio 2 speakers under dash, cd player and a sub.

LF- normal weight

RF- Has extra weight from cd player, ecu, fuses/harness, and the coolant overflow bottle.

LR- normal

RR- Has sub and Batt in the trunk

Im going to remove all the radio,sub and speakers.(cant hear them anyway...to loud as is)

I'll try and move the ecu closer to the center console, and as far as the coolant bottle... ill have to wait to get a radiator with a cap on it.

Still to come- Strut bar on front, rear coilovers (dime sits TUBBED )

hope this gives anyone an idea on the weight of there dime.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy I bought my dime from was on a quest to make the lightest platform for the LZ22 he possible could, while still being able to register it as an antique in the state of Maine.

He took out the carpet, back seat(put back in for me!), e-brake, all interior trim, and even took out the windshield washer system.

I will have to see if he got a final weight on it and report back!

A question a lot of people should ask themselves is what do they plan to do with the car. I have seen so many people cut or hack up or take out stuff from the car to make it light or lighter for so called racing and then get upset when they get beat by someone with full interior parts or without doing so much gutting. case in point when I did hondas for a while I would bring out a street car or car with interior not cut up and beat or run same or better times at the drag strip than guys who cut up the car and took out every little piece. Not saying weight does not matter but hate seeing these great cars get cut up or parts ripped out when there is no need.

my stock 2 door I drove for a while weighted 2160 and it didn't even have a stereo :( It was pretty plush though. I like a quiet muffler and carpet :)

Yesterday I sent 9$ to get the Gobstopper 510 weighted, it scaled 2060lbs, which is weird that it weighted less than my other car.... So all I can figure is that the lady that weighted my stocker must have hit the button when I was still in the car. Which would make sense. Subtract 150lbs then it's just a tad less than the turbo car. Which I'm amazed only weighs a hair over 2k!