I'm in the paper!

yellowdatsun

A girl from our local newspaper interviewed me about 3 weeks ago at a local cruise-in car show. Thought it was odd, since my truck looks like crap. A neighbor showed me the printed article a few days ago. I didn't know, since I don't even get the paper! Just thought it was cool to see my ratty old Datsun pickup on the same page with some *much* nicer vehicles, IE: Jaguar XKE.

PaperArticle-4.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, the blue one was mine. Man, do I ever wish I still had it. It was the nicest 520 I had ever seen. I'd love to know who has it now, see if she has a good home. I'll load up some pics of the V-8 521 as soon as I get a few more things fixed. It's been lowered 2 inches since that paper shot was taken.

12250008.jpg

Yep, all the NOS stuff went with it as part of the purchase. Sucks too, since the truck and the parts went to a guy who ended up selling the truck immediately after he got it, and who knows what happened to the parts. When you sell these kind of things, you always hope they get a good home, and when they don't, I regret the sale.

Here's a few more pics of the truck:

The engine is a chevy SB 350, Edlebrock performer intake, and holley 675 cfm double pumper carb.

100_0722.jpg

Plasma cutters are awesome for cutting out gas pedals.

100_0724.jpg

The radiator is in the bed, and you can see the side exit exhaust.

100_0725.jpg

nice ride dude, do u make many shows in the phx area?, in answer to the 1200 question, i do almost all the area cruise spots, and shows, and have never seen the truck before now, the photo looks like it was taken in sun city, a retirement spot west of phx, :cool: