77 620 kc build

dat77sun

ok i got a 1977 datsun 620 king cab 3 days ago, i traded my jacked up ranger 4x4 for it to another ratsun user named Dat620 77'. he put alot of work into this truck, and i love this truck. its got a l20b with a 4 spd, and a pretty ratty interior. it needs interior redone, but it has a stock tach :), i also need to locate a speedometer cable, shift boot for the floor, a shift boot for a stock console, a stock shift knob, and a rubber pad for the gas pedal. if anyone can help me out with those parts i would buy them off you, or even trade you some other datsun parts for it. i found a 73-74 speedo cable, but will it work? this truck came with an extra driver door, front bumper, hood, and a rebuilt 5 spd, and a bunch of other extra parts. my plans for this truck are swapping in the 5 spd, weber carb, header, bucket seats, new carpet, new rear tires, rear rollpan, and some other small things. any tips would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone has those parts or the info on the speedo cable please let me know.

ad.jpg

DSCF4525.jpg

DSCF4526.jpg

DSCF4527.jpg

DSCF4529.jpg

DSCF4532.jpg

DSCF4533.jpg

DSCF4536.jpg

DSCF4535.jpg

DSCF4537.jpg

DSCF4538.jpg

DSCF4539.jpg

DSCF4540.jpg

DSCF4541.jpg

DSCF4542.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i got a little done onthe datsun today, got the wiring for the alternator done, yellow lights fixed, got my custom radio delete/switch panel made and painted up, painted the datsun logo on front since it was all faded and had no paint left on it, and cleaned out the back. i found quite a bit of tools in it, so i just put them all in the package tray. hopefully gettin 400 tomorrow, so im gettin new rear tires, and a weber carb, and some other parts that i need. i also wresled with a v belt, but it was to short, since the PO put on a 200sx alternator, it doesnt adjust all the way to the block, since it hits the lower rad hose, so i got a 200sx belt today, and it was to short, gonna get another later on.

DSCF4554.jpg

DSCF4549.jpg

DSCF4550.jpg

DSCF4551.jpg

DSCF4552.jpg

DSCF4553.jpg

I am 12 and what is this?

haha... You can see if anyone has read this, just look at the thread view count.

Leaky windshields suck, replace the seal, shouldn't be more than around 50 bux (cost more to have someone else replace it for you) Cost even more if you break it, so maybe better off having someone else replace it for you in the long run.

That thing needs a serious cleaning. I dont mind some patina, but all that garbage/dirt/dust and shit floating around bugs me :rofl: Its a cool truck for sure, keep plugging away at it. Sometimes i post on my thread too and nobody responds

the interior is getting cleaned ccompletely tomorrow, maybe the outside to, i need a whole new windshield since this one is cracked to hell, and the plans are doing a paint job (red/black) weber carb, header, some other performance parts, and some other stuff. gonna post more pics tomorrow, i just kinda got aggrivated since im taking the time to make this and no one is looking at it...

the interior is getting cleaned ccompletely tomorrow, maybe the outside to, i need a whole new windshield since this one is cracked to hell, and the plans are doing a paint job (red/black) weber carb, header, some other performance parts, and some other stuff. gonna post more pics tomorrow, i just kinda got aggrivated since im taking the time to make this and no one is looking at it...

Dont bother with a header, honestly its not going to give you any performance, if anything else just get an early l16 exhaust manifold. the headers are prone to crack/leak etc. The early datsun exhaust mani's wont, they are thick, and just like a header, wont crack/leak. a header will give you a little performance if you were to race it, and when i say race it, i mean actually take it to a track and race it at a higher speed, not driving down the back roads faster than you should giggling like a little school girl :rofl: (dont get me wrong, that is fun, but you wont notice a difference)

Weber will open it up quite a bit, red/black paint will look good. you doing rattle can or you gonna step up and buy a cheapy paint fun from home depot, along with some half ass decent paint and shoot it? Rattle can will be ok for an ugly beater, i think you'd be happier with a paint gun and some decent paint.

well crap, i cracked my windsheild more today, and come to figure out that safelite doesnt carry a windsheild for this truck :(

call safelite and get a quote for a 510, i was quoted 1000 bucks. better off finding on in a J/Y or off ratsun for that matter.

no i think i will either rattle can it with my dad, or maybe take it in to a shop, the weber idk if i will do because i cant find one for the right price. but the weber will be bought tomorrow. and $1000 for a windsheild??? thats f'in crazy, thats more than the trucks worth. im gonna keep looking on craigslist, then maybe try some junkyards. i wish datsuns were more popular :( but there is a datsun that is at a house in town its a 620, adn has been sitting for a while, might go down there after school and ask about it.

, i just kinda got aggrivated since im taking the time to make this and no one is looking at it...

Do it for yourself. It's a great way to stay energized as you can see your progress. It's like a diary and can be referred to if you have a question about what you've done or when. It's had 119 views, not everyone has a question or comment.

Do it for yourself. It's a great way to stay energized as you can see your progress. It's like a diary and can be referred to if you have a question about what you've done or when. It's had 119 views, not everyone has a question or comment.

yea i guess your right

oh and btw if anyone is interested i have a parts for sale thread, im selling the extra parts i dont need, like the extra hood, rear bumper, driver door, rear bumper, console, steering wheel center, package tray, glove box door, and under dash wiring harness

The Weber install was no big deal, the only few things i had trouble with were the studs for the original carb, they took some heft to get out, and the throttle cable was a lil wack, but that wasn't too hard to solve. The 32/36 DGV was 270$ brand new off the website, and it got to me within a week and a half. The interior shouldn't be too bad, just take it into town and use one of the big-ass vacuums at a gas station, if you don't have a good shop vac at your place. Spray the engine down with the foaming engine cleaner, you can get that stuff at a local parts store. That's a nice truck, but it's gonna take some polishin to make it gleam :thumbup:

Pssssh, you got it set dude! Good luck with the truck, I'vve been readin a lot of posts lately, and it only makes me wanna get mine running more! >_< Oh, and try to get ahold of a pressure washer, they help out when it comes to doin the engine bay and under carriage!