77 620 kc build

dat77sun

Lame sauce, but they're always a local car wash you could hit-up, it might cost a few bucks, but it's gonna be wayyy worth it, especially of you have O.C.D. and dirt bugs you, haha. Keep the thread goin, people read and get info, even if they don't respond.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda like the bench seat it wraps neatly around the shift console. Have you tought about maybe just re-upholstering it?

U don't need a pressure washer. Just go to a coin car wash "self Serve", buy a couple of engine degreaser cans. Spray the degreaser let it do its magic and spray it off with the car wash wand. Don' forget to cover with plasitc bags coils, distributors, carbs, etc...

Now if you want that glossy finish in the engine bay as soon as you are done washing out the engine bay, keep the engine running and spray everything with Armor All. This is what they do at used car dealerships to make engine bays look like new!

ok well i took the boot i had from the console, sinc eit was completely screwed, and took it to a guy down town who does leather work, and am getting it copied with black vinyl i think, and my starter is shot, even though it looks nnew, so if someone has a starter for a l20b im interested

ok well i just ordered the weber carb, bought it off fuzz, 32/36, manual choke, came with an extra parts weber that could be fixed fairly easily, and the best part he set me up on a great deal...$60 shipped, for 2 webers, thats soo cool, well the good one will be going ont he seccond i get it lol. also got the v belt for my truck, and another guy on here is giving me a starter for FREE!!! i love this forum, the pople are so nice and helpful, well ill get pics when i make some progress, later.

ok so after school i went out and put the v belt on, cleaned all conections on batter, and charged it, turns out my starter isnt bad. but there is bad news, it runs like shit! it runs really rough, me and dad think there is a vaccum leak, and the carb is screwed, good thing i bought that weber, and am getting a rebuild kit tomorrow

I put Mazda Miata seats in my 620 kc. They are easy to install too. You just make front brackets like the ones you see in my last pic and the rear bolts in the stock holes!

New620KC5-9-09002.jpg

New620KC5-9-09004.jpg

New620KC5-9-09005.jpg

I also highly recommend you do this!

MX5209-06-09002.jpg

MX5209-06-09004.jpg

ok guys, have been doing a bunch of litle things with the datsun while im witing for parts to get here (weber, weber rebuild kit, oil filter, kc windows with good seals, weber air cleaner, speedometer cable). i took the grill off and am painting it black, but keeping the trim rings chrome, but while taking the rings off one of my rings lost 3 of the 4 tabs holding it on, so im getting one of those also so the grill is off for now, also got my v belt on finally. and me and a freind were trying to figure out why it runs like shit and its the carb, its letting way too much gas into the cylinders. good thing i ordered the weber, i am also gonna take off all the smog shit. i cleaned the garage today so i can pull the truck into it tomorrow and take care of some of the surface rust on the body. my dad mentioned that a while back he had a 310 datsun (what he refers to as a peice of shit). so i looked in the boxes of old car manuals he has a found a manual for a 310, and even a datsun truck manual 70-89 :) SCORE!!! also gonnna pick up the shifter boot i had made tomorrow if its done. and i looked at some tirres we had lying around and they are the exact tires i need for the rear of my truck :)

DSCF4566.jpg

DSCF4572.jpg

DSCF4574.jpg

DSCF4568.jpg

DSCF4569.jpg

DSCF4570.jpg

DSCF4571.jpg

DSCF4573.jpg

Smog was a huge deal with mine too, the kid I got it from took it all off, and left about a dozen huge vacuum leaks. (how it ran at all astounds me) I recommend you get a new, non-smog mani. and swap it in, it completely eliminates the E.G.R. stuff and all the possible leaks that go with it. The Hitachi carbs are such a pain in the ass, once you get the Weber you'll be amazed at the difference!

ok guys did a little work today and some parts came in. the parts that came in is my webers, 1 needs a rebuild, and 1 has some shaft play. gonne rebuild the good one wihtout any play, and then get an air filter and put it on. also got my vynil shift boot today. well the work i did is that on the driver door and part of the cab there is a dent where it loooks like someone backed up into it, i just wire wheeled all the surface rust down, and primed and repainted. when the paint dries it will be flat black. but anyways this is just temporary so it doesnt rust, in the spring im gonna get a new door, and paint the whole truck. also got my boot installed and my console screwed to the floor. there is some other surface rust right below the driver side kc window, but im gonna fix that when my non tinted kc windows and seals get here. who ever did the tint on the kc windows did a horrible job, there is wrinkles all over, and the seals are just dne for, so i got some good windows and seals from bleach. well anyways here are the pics

DSCF4581.jpg

DSCF4587.jpg

DSCF4588.jpg

DSCF4590.jpg

DSCF4582.jpg

DSCF4589.jpg

DSCF4578.jpg

DSCF4579.jpg

my 720 has different hooks, which i left on, but it also has 4 inside the bed front and back, near the bottom which makes good use for hooking up straps to my four wheeler. haven't had to use them tho, as my 300ex tires fit right in front of the wheel wells, and its a snug fit so it doesn't move around really anyways.