77 620 kc build

dat77sun

im in arlington, ok some updates, i started dehooking, and what a pain in the ass that is, only did the tailgate for now, but i think its worth the work, looks much cleaner. im gonna mount the hooks inside the bed like i said earlier, but for now im just gonna dehook it, gonna finish it tomorrow. and my paint dried, and if it wasnt for the big dent you wouldnt even know i repainted it...oh well. anyways on with the pics!!!

DSCF4597.jpg

DSCF4591.jpg

DSCF4592.jpg

DSCF4593.jpg

DSCF4594.jpg

DSCF4595.jpg

DSCF4596.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well napa sucks, first they give me a oil filter with screwed up threads, so i go get a new one and he gave it to me an was tryin to tell me how to change my oil...like wtf i come in all greasy and you think i dont know how to do the simplest thing on a car...whatever, but anyways gave my 620 a fresh oil change for christmas and got rid of the pos fram oil filter :D , i will get back to work on it sometime this week, just with the holidays kinda been busy and lost some motivation with the ps3 games i got, but will get back to work very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

well another update, gt my stock carb off, a bunch of smog crap off, and guess what...the adapter the previous owner gave me was for a completely different vehicle dry.gif, so now i have to wqit till i have the money to get another one, and the truck is completely inoperable :mad:

ok got some updates, got all my parts ike i said above, new kc windows with good seals, got those for a really good price thanks to bleach, got my webers, rebuild kit, trim ring replacements since my clips broke off one of the ones that was on it, and my air filter. got my grill painted black, looks good with teh trim ringgs chrome. as for the air cleaner, im gonna strip off the green, paint it red, and take a wire wheel to the places where the fins and writing are. and as for the weber replacement, that was a pain, got the carb off since it was done for, i got the stock off, and figured out that the adapter i got was the wrong one, so with a little rednecck ingenuity we milled out the spaces adn the bolt holes in the back to make it work :) also took a little off that same edgge t make up for the contour of the manifold right there, fits perfectly, gotta go to my hardware store and find bolts for the adapter to the manifold, tthen the cleaner to the carb. i will get those tomorrow and finish the install. oh also rebuilt the weber, and that was teh easiest rebuild ive evver done, not much more complex than the carb on my 1986 suzuki lt230s four wheeler :lol:, also took off some of the smog shit, well anyways, took another pic of the bodyline of the tailgate with the hooks off, now for pics ;)

DSCF4652.jpg

DSCF4651.jpg

DSCF4646.jpg

DSCF4653.jpg

DSCF4641.jpg

DSCF4647.jpg

DSCF4648.jpg

DSCF4649.jpg

DSCF4650.jpg

DSCF4643.jpg

DSCF4644.jpg

DSCF4645.jpg

i do to, its funny, the air cleaner is redline, the adapter is redline, and the rebuild kit is also redline....lolz just thought that was kinda funny, i got the air cleaner and the rebuild kit from the same guy, adapter from the guy i got the truck from:D