Brad Penn Oil

Brad Penn  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys Buy Brad Penn Oil if it was available?

• Yes I would buy Brad Penn.
    • NO, I HATE IT!!!
    • I use something else, thanks anyways.
    • I use Kendall GT1
    • What is Brad Penn Oil?????

saw some of this stuff and it seems to work great!!!!!! Isky recommends it, for flat tappet cams. CAn you guys get it out west?

http://www.bradpennracing.com/

ZDDP LAB RESULTS

We have seen the question arise on a number of chat rooms and websites about the amount of Zinc and Phosphorous in our Penn Grade 1 High Performance Oils. The questions seem to have arose after a number of people individually sent samples of our products to Blackstone Lab(s) for analysis. The Blackstone report showed a lower Zinc and Phosphorous additive concentration level then our established in house specifications and laboratory results from our ISO 9001:2008 quality control lab proved.

In an effort to clarify any misconception about our product we did our own testing and sent three virgin oil samples (each from the same identical batch) to both Blackstone Lab and Southwest Research Lab for testing. All three Southwest sample results were completely in line with our internal specifications/analysis. The Blackstone zinc and phosphorous results in all three analysis were lower than our internal specifications/analysis and Southwest Research’s lab results. The results for both the Blackstone and Southwest Research analysis are listed below:

Brad Penn Product Blackstone Southwest Research

Penn Grade 1 zinc 1,214 ppm zinc 1,540 ppm

20W-50 #7119 phos 944 ppm phos 1,319 ppm

Penn Grade 1 zinc 1,424 ppm zinc 1,565 ppm

10W-30 #7150 phos 1,139 ppm phos 1,332 ppm

Brad Penn PCMO zinc 689 ppm zinc 1,051 ppm

20W-50 SJ #7123* phos 522 ppm phos 901 ppm

*In some cases we feel our PCMO SAE 20W-50 was sent in for analysis (and not the High Performance Oil SAE 20W-50) which does contain lower Zinc and Phosphorous additive concentration levels.

We feel there is a measurement issue with Blackstone’s oil sample testing and will be addressing this with them. Please feel free to share this information on any chat site or group you belong to.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, parrafin based Pennsylvania oil. I can't think of anything else that would make my motor disintegrate sooner.

Never heard of them. I'd stick with the following:

Royal Purple

Amsoil

Red Line

Schaeffers

We carry Royal Purple and Schaeffers at NAPA in Spokane.

I use Brad Penn in all my L series engine its the same formula as the old Kendall oil and I have not had any issues if I dont run Penn its Kendall with some additive from Comp Cams just to be sure, Had a cam go flat in our old 521 because the P.O. used Chevron oil in it against the engine builders wishes

just my .02

I use all the cheaps oils never had a proplem. Only one I really dont use is Pennzoil.

cheveron seem fine to me. FJ maybe the cam was a ground and was just soft in the inside or maybe new rockers wasnt used.

PS

I only change my oil in summer and in winter. weither it needs it or not. twice a yr thats it!!!!!!!!!

my favorite rite now is the motorcraft deisel 15-40WT for the summer from Walmart.others are

Napa brands

Valvoline

Havoline

Chevron

Quakerstate

Havnt bought Castrol in over 10years

OIl filters

all but FRAM(no way).

Moslty Nissan or Napa

69FJ: what do you think of the comp cams additvie?

was gonna try it on the next change.

only used the ZDDP plus (2x) so far.

:lol: thats all i use.

been running synthetic in the 4runner for 140K+ mi (w/220K)

Brian Ive been using the Brad Penn for like 2 years in Lisas 510 so I have really have limited feedback on the comp cams additive, I ran it in our 521 after I changed the cam and ran Kendall with it ran the valves before we sold it and checked the lobes on the cam and they looked great after 3 oil changes and I never drive like a grandma so it was driven hard...

I know that diesel oil has a lot of zinc but I thought it was a detergent oil and wasnt good for standard engines???

Joe Gibbs oil is good too and has good amounts of the GOOD stuff in it but it says "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY" or you can get there hotrod oil that works well too but it can get expensive, but so is a rebuild

i use kendall oil myself, but i talked to brad penn and their formula is not kendals formula, they are in no way affiliated with kendal, brad penn simply took up the green oil because kendal was having a problem transporting the dyed oil in takers that were used for other oils. the green is just dye used to get you to buy it, not saying its bad oil. im having trouble getting either one here in my shithole town.