Electric To Mechanical

Zeusimo

Having Fuel Problems W/ Truck

My Truck Has A Universal Electric Fuel Pump (Faccet Something Like That) And I'm Sure It's Not Stock

It Has Trouble Going Over 1200 RPMs If You Give It A little Gas But If You Floor The Petal For A Sec It Skips To 2k And Thats When I Let Go Of The Clutch To Move

If I Try To Let It Go At 1200-1500 It Will Hesitate And Might Turn Off If It Does It Takes A While To Start Back Up

This Isn't A Problem For Me But Whenever My Dad Drives It He's Always B!#H!NG That It Turns Off On Him All The Time (Never Happens To Me)

Anyways If Mechanical Better?

I Know Its A Fuel Problem And Have Read Some Negative Things About Universal Fuel Pumps

Friend Says I Can Have The Electric Pump And The Mechanical Both On At The Same Time

Also I Know That The Fuel Filter Is Clean

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, why do you put caps at the beginning of every word? Chicks usually do that :D

I have a mechanical in my truck, never gave me a problem, have an electronic in my goon never gave me a problem. There is a spot on the head you can pull the cover off and install a mechanical, and be rid of the electronic one.

Nice pics...

lol, why do you put caps at the beginning of every word?

I Learned How To Type That Way Bad Habit I Guess?:huh:

There is a spot on the head you can pull the cover off and install a mechanical, and be rid of the electronic one.

Yea I Know What You're Talking About I'm Might Just Need To Cut Or Add To The Gas Hose

I used my mechanical pump for a while but wanted a little bit more flow. On some advice I picked up a carter electric fuel pump: Carter P4070 Fuel Pump It supplies MORE than enough fuel to my dual SU's even when I STOMP on it and I have big jets in them :D Just be sure to put it as low and close to the gas tank as possible. Also not sure of your set-up but if you have a return line sometimes the fuel will flow through the return easier than into the carb/s thus starving the float bowls. I put a small check valve in my return line that only opens when the fuel pressure is at maxim.

Regardless of how the fuel is pumped, the carb has a reservoir of fuel that will be plenty to get it going and drive for a block or two. All the pump has to do is keep it full.

Take a look at the bull's eye sight glass... is the fuel level showing???

If carb is full then (with motor off) look down the carb and pump the throttle vigorously. You should see a strong squirt of gas into the primary barrel. If no or very weak, the accelerator pump is old and leaking.

If there is gas squirting then the primary jet seems to be partially blocked and you aren't getting enough gas.

• Like 1

In the photo I see 2 fuel pumps? the box type and the newer one..

Why is that? 2 pumps in series together. Am I missing soemthing here?most eleltric pumps need a regulator unless you know the pressure of them. carbs only want like 2.5 to 4 pounds pressure.

as for this staement

Friend Says I Can Have The Electric Pump And The Mechanical Both On At The Same Time. BUT WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find better friends.

I guess it can be done as seen in rally cars

I Don't Think Its The Fuel Pump Anymore...

But I'll Probably Still Get It 2 Is Better Than One Anyways

This Is Where It Would Go Right?

DSC02779.jpg

This Is My Fuel Pump The Pics Above Are From Google

DSC02781.jpg

It Reads Full

DSC02787.jpg

Whats This Screw For? It Won't Tighten Stays Loose

DSC02785.jpg

Uploading Vid Will Post Once It Has Uploaded

gas should squirt on the left side. If weak the accel pump might need to be adjusted(if they can be adjusted I dont know myself) or the accel pump diapram might have hole in it. The right side of a stock Hitachi is vaccum operated. so if you rev the motor up and put your hand on the left side youll see the right plate open up a bit. or just push it with your finger and it should run(at higher rpms).

start looking for a Weber 32/36. since you have a nice truck I get a new one. 32/26 DGEV -IC model it has the idle cutoff like you got

The pump should be under 4 pounds so ZI dont know what pump you have so enter the model # and find out but I think its OK.

also where that plate is where a mach fuel pump would go.

since you have a nice truck I get a new one.

:blush:

Is The Weber Smog Legal?

Doesn't Matter But Future Knowledge Helps

Don't Want To Fail Smog Just Because I Didn't Switch Carbs Before Test

also where that plate is where a mach fuel pump would go.

Posted Above But I'll Double Post :P

To The Right Of The Ground Cable

DSC02779.jpg

i have an electric mitsu pump on the 521 and them the fuel goes through the stock mechancial pump as a way of routing it... stupid but whatever... i had the same problem, it was a carb/fule line issue... i revved the engine up as high as it would go and held it -2200 rpm at first, ... the lines/carb finally cleared and i got a huge backfire then the engine would rev up to 5500rpm. after that it has run like a clock.

What about blowing your lines nad fuel pump out with compressed air? ( is that safe?)

The screw is stripped. Leave alone and cross fingers. Don't look at it and never mention it and maybe nothing will happen. :D

DSC02785.jpg

Did you pump the throttle and look for a strong squirt from the accelerator pump?

i have an electric mitsu pump on the 521 and them the fuel goes through the stock mechancial pump as a way of routing it... stupid but whatever... i had the same problem, it was a carb/fule line issue... i revved the engine up as high as it would go and held it -2200 rpm at first, ... the lines/carb finally cleared and i got a huge backfire then the engine would rev up to 5500rpm. after that it has run like a clock.

What about blowing your lines nad fuel pump out with compressed air? ( is that safe?)

Had that as well merlin. Water in the carb. Sinks to the bottom and plugs the jet and air bleeds. Revved the shit out of it and eventually sucked it through. Ran better and better. If water, gas line anti freeze will help.

Fixed It With A Hammer :cool:

Still Thinking About Getting New Carbs But I Want Dual Side Drafts

Gonna Ask Dad For Christmas As I Am Still A Little Kid Without A Job

Nah... But Really Took It Apart, Cleaned And Put It Back Together But Now It Idles At 1200 Instead Of The 900 It Was Before :huh: