Deboxing a 510

Everat

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks dope! kris was sayin you should have ray do a wire tuck or do it yourself. after you get it all pretty that might be a good idea. as for the valve cover were you gonna sand the texture off and paint it or what? id say sand/grind it off and prime it first, then and paint, i have dp90 if you need it. as for the pimer anything 2k would be fine. then bring it over and we'll paint it...for a mickey's 40oz of course!

Im not gonna have ray do a tuck, In the long term plan Ill probably drop a sr20det into it so Im not looking to spend much money cleaning it up. When would be a good time to primer the vc. I cant really do it at my house right now so its up to you. I can get it ready for primer pretty fast so tell me when and Ill come over. Im busy saturday but dont have much going the other days.

Worked on her for a couple hours today. Ive been completing the seam in the wheel well. Im fully welding where the old wheel well meets the new piece. Its been the main reason I havent gotten the left side done yet. Ive been putting it off cause it really sucks lying on my back welding the top of the wheel well. I cant really see what Im doing so I set the welder on a low setting and just put a huge weld along the seam. I need to get a leather welding coat. It will be done this weekend and after that I gotta finish tying in the back corner of the quarter. Ill put some pics up tomorrow of the wheel well. My battery was dead in my phone and my camera today.

Finished wheel well and tied in the back of the quarter. theres a small section at the bottom I havent done yet because its a mess and Im not sure how to go about it.

Heres mid welding pic of wheel well (welds look like shit cause I was pretty much welding blind)

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

thanks guys. Has anyone removed the bump on the top of the inside of the wheel well before? When I put in the quarter I didnt mess with it cause I thought the camber would put the wheel to the inside of it, but Im pretty close to ideal ride height and its gonna rub. I have some ideas but wanted to know what has worked best for you guys.