New Ratsun dog! Oliver

Well we all know the love Ratsun has for dogs (go Konan, go!) so I had to share the news! We are welcoming Oliver the Boston Terrier to the family this Sat! He is on his way from Oklahoma!

We found him via www.petfinder.com (Great site for rescuing pets!!) He was listed by New England All Breed Rescue, but actually is at a Boston Terrier rescue in Oklahoma. He is 3-4 years old, all up to date, comes with 2 years of vet records from his previous family, and is said to be a super sweet guy!

Cool the way it works. We find him living in OK via a New England Rescue on petfinder.com. The OK rescue loves this breed so much they are driving this one dog 10 hours to place him on a specialized transport to ship him to us. This transport co. has a set route every week and people literally line up outside the climate controlled trailer to get their new pets. We meet them in a parking lot this Sat. about an hour away from us. Depending on where you are on the route you may even pick up your dog at midnight! Total cost is about $425 which covers the adoption fee and the transport. ($125 for transport, man that is cheaper than a Datsun!)

We were able to talk to the foster and ask any questions about temperament and health, and did a lot of research on the breed to know what to ask!

He is a small dude (Even for a Boston)at 16 lbs! We have a cat that is bigger!

Let the nicknames begin! Olly-pop, Ollie-oopse, Ollie-in-come-free, Ollielujah!! Yeah we are a little PSYCHED! We've wanted a Boston since the 90's!

CT36617757789-1-x.jpg

CT36617757789-2-x.jpg

CT36617757789-3-x.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

punt dog

Really? Really? :( C'mon dude I know you are joking but daymmm! Last thing I would ever think about is kicking something this cute!

Bostons, French Bulldogs and Pugs (and mixes between)are the coolest of the small breeds IMHO!

We got these two ladies through "pet finders" lewis county WA animal shelter. Found cat (Princess) as kitten and got dog( Piglet )one year later as one year old,which makes them the same age,so we have alot of love for pet finders website.

aaaaaaaa016.jpg

aaaaaaaa014.jpg

also like you wrote they are honest about the temperament / if they are good with cats.

also like you wrote they are honest about the temperament / if they are good with cats.

Awesome! The cat thing is a mystery and the Boston Rescue does not have any cats around, nore did the first owners so that is the one question we couldn't get answered. We have two cats who are fine with our big Collie mix Nadja, one cat even licks out her ears.

Though if anything I worry more for the Boston than the cats. Our one cat is 18lbs, outweighing the dog by 2 lbs! And he is fine with our big dog, but last time we babysat a pug, that cat had the poor thing cornered when we intervened! The cat has mellowed as he's aged so hopefully he will be cool.

The foster place was great and Fed-Xed Oliver's bed and leash and a toy overnight. This way our currents pets can smell the scent of him long before he gets here! (They were shoving their noses in that box!) And once he arrives he can find his familiar things.

We are hopeful. Oliver even had pet health insurance at his first home and had any need taken care of.

Funny, we actually tried to adopt a 3 legged Boston the week before, but that little tripod was snapped up fast! :lol:

So true! I love my Shnug! And here's a video of my friend's Boston.

Congrats! Should be a fun addition.

Thanks! Shnug? I am guessing Schnauzer Pug? Awesome!! And dude I LOVED that video and sent it to my wife the second I saw it!!!!

Thanks! Shnug? I am guessing Schnauzer Pug? Awesome!! And dude I LOVED that video and sent it to my wife the second I saw it!!!!

FWIW my wife likes Olly-Pop.

Yup Schnauzer and Pug. He looks like an Ewok. And my friend has been approached by AnimalPlanet and others.

Don't mean to thread jack but I'm a proud father. Here's Stout.

Fookin Great!!! I have some buddies with Boston Terriers and they are great dogs. Good to see him going to a family that truly wants him. Sometime I'll post a photo of my Yellow Lab. He'll be a year on the 12 of Nov. Just around the corner.... :)

Bostons are Great dogs. We got our Boston as a baby. He is now 7 years old. We also have a 5 year old French Bulldog boy and just this year my Father in law gave us a little Frenchie Girl. She is now 8 months old.

Our Boston (Sebastian) is awesome he loves to chase Racket balls and I think if i didnt stop he would kill himself from exhaustion from chasing it.

EDITED BY FISCH- Sorry Braden, this post is out of here! This thread is about celebrating getting a dog, not the crap you just spewed. I am not a fan of little yappy dogs either but damn man that is takin it to far.

I am sure there is another forum out there where you can talk about that stuff.

geeze sorry guys, all i said was little dogs are cool, little yappy dogs are not cool. my dog died this week, and i took out revenge on a yappy dog awhile back. sorry if i offended you. enjoy your new pup. just please dont be one of thos epeople who drives around with it in their lap licking ther face and stuff.

im looking for a new dog now but its hard to find one at the pound that is mostly lab, they go fast, especially the females. i thought about getting a pit and training it to like human meat (robbers and vandals) but they are too much maintenance. a dog you guys should look at is a catahoula leapord dog, very pretty, very well mannered, short hair, expensive. not an inside dog though.

Sorry about your dog, Braden. I hope you find a new pal soon. Maybe a good match for you will arrive at the pound this weekend.

Congratulations to you for your adoption, Fisch.

DogDueDate.jpg

Those previews have been putting a smile on my face! We thought long about a French Bulldog or a Boston, but in my mind they are almost brothers from another mother! Can't wait to pick up out little guy tomorrow morning!